Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Aldiko the display turns black when trying to open any book in the library. "Menu" button does not produce visible effects in this state. "Back" button returns me to the library screen after two pressings. All other functions of Aldiko and of the system seem to be working fine. Including page navigation using touchscreen when the display is black! I have found this trying to switch Novel off when the display is black: the current page becomes visible behind the "Power Off" dialog window. However, when I choose "Cancel" in this dialog, the display turns black again.Aldiko worked a couple of days ago.Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm guessing you accidentally lowered the brightness on it to 0 while reading a book. It happens when you slide your finger down the left side of the e-reader. If you look at the screen really close, you should be able to see the screen. Once you can get to the actual book, slide your finger up the left side of the e-reader to raise the brightness again. For me, I had to click on a few things to get into the actual reader before I could do this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
doggyworld, you were absolutely right! The brightness was really lowered to 0 in Aldiko. One action was necessary before the "sliding finger along the left side" started to work. I had to press the "Back" button once. Now, when the screen has normal brightness, I can see the reason: the "Welcome" dialog window appears when opening a book that blocks access to the brightness control until dismissed.Thanks a lot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.