Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just received an android tablet with iRobot box and no other marks or model numbers anywhere. The bottom looks like this :
The back is just plain silver; there are no logos or names anywhere. My guess is that it's a cheap knockoff of the Gome Flytouch?The original system on it had too much chinese even in the English setting, so I tried many different script folders on this site.Almost all did not work with it and had hardware driver issues, except:Slatedroid1.3-flytouch-editionscript-v2 - had too many bugs with mine so I gave up on itand a 1.8.2 build "script.zip" file I forget exactly which link I downloaded from.I'm currently using the 1.8.2 build, but it also seems to be based in Chinese, has a weird market installed, chinese apps impossible to uninstall, and overall pretty slow.Can anyone help me out with a specific model of my tablet/ point me to a firmware upgrade that would work best for me?Thanks in advance, Brad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, i've looked around and tried a ton of firmware versions already.I really like the speed of the flytouch_1.9_88_rooted_market_v0.2, but so many of the apps crash when i click them. am i missing a step with the whole rooting thing?Right now I'm using a 1.8.2 build just because all the software and hardware work with it, including an app store, but overall it is reallly slow and its not even worth trying to play games. The camera is upside down and the g-sensor is messed up as well. It seems like each version i try flashing has some problem with mine, and i just wish I could find a fully working one. or at least learn to make the 1.9_88 work better with mine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.