Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am the odd one out here, but I really like the simplicity of the default system, I just wish it could be extended slightly and customized some more.For instance...If things could be changed to something like the image then I think the default home would work out so much better! Am I the only one?--bornagainpenguin

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hey, nice idea! I like your demo design! Since I started enjoying Android with the Motorola Droid, I'm kinda used to the vanilla interface, plus there are lots of ways to customize with images and widgets (and custom themes). So I like the less-is-more approach. But since many of us also use Pandahome with the PDN, I've had some fun customizing that interface--I especially like the little app tabs on the side. I agree your approach has a nice feel...pack together the things you want and need in one place. It really is too bad the native home program is so fixed.-Matt

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote name='gadgetrants;31623]Hey' date=' nice idea! I like your demo design![/QUOTE'] Not really much of a design on my part, I just did a poorly executed cut-n-paste job on one of the bigger images of the Pandigital Novel i could find. My point is that there are much better uses for the display area at the top. Replacing the Barnes and Nobles rotating ad at the top with something that gives the time at a glance, or the weather forecast for the week or even the top headlines on a rotation makes more sense than wasting the space. Half the time it sits empty because I don't ever update it...Also the bar on the bottom is already setup for apps, it just needs to be unlocked so people can add their own and substitute where it makes sense. (Like removing the facebook web browser shortcut in favor of a facebook app...) The games list should be addable rather than only listing two games. Things like that.--bornagainpenguin

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote name='gadgetrants;31623]Hey' date=' nice idea! I like your demo design![/QUOTE'] Not really much of a design on my part, I just did a poorly executed cut-n-paste job on one of the bigger images of the Pandigital Novel i could find. My point is that there are much better uses for the display area at the top. Replacing the Barnes and Nobles rotating ad at the top with something that gives the time at a glance, or the weather forecast for the week or even the top headlines on a rotation makes more sense than wasting the space. Half the time it sits empty because I don't ever update it...Also the bar on the bottom is already setup for apps, it just needs to be unlocked so people can add their own and substitute where it makes sense. (Like removing the facebook web browser shortcut in favor of a facebook app...) The games list should be addable rather than only listing two games. Things like that.Maybe it could be possible to unlock certain things like this with an app of some sort which requires you to agree that you know what you're doing, like the about:config editor does in Firefox before you're allowed to tweak things?--bornagainpenguin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.