Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Gotta be worth a try as it achieves all the things I want in one go...

- root access
- remove Chinese bloatware
- defaults to English

Jez

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Evolution Version 1.22 is out although only minor changes. Will probably wait for the next version based on stock v1.07 when that comes out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
74 Posts
They work with the -H model now, too!

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would say I'm excited, but that doesn't cover it! Ordered from Pandawill, but couldn't wait once it was delayed again. Cancelled the order and purchased one from Spemall. Will have my tablet in hand next week! Pandawill's version had no bloatware and default was English. I wondered if there was modded firmware yet, and I'm crazy excited to see this! Ecstatic even! Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had evo 1.3 flashed for a few days now on my H model. Antutu benchmark up from 7400 ish to 7960, so a real increase in performance. Keyboard response seems snappier too. Nice to be rid of all the bloatware. So far so good. One odd thing though is that my settings/about synopsis now reports my Cube U30gt as a W model! This doesn't really bother me but someone buying a 2nd hand tab with this f/w could get confused and end up trying to subsequently flash the wrong f/w.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am also running 1.3 on an H model. So far so good.

Swift key 3 tablet seems to freak out occasionally.
When I connect to my PC, I don't get the option to mount USB storage.
Sometimes the notification bar won't open when I am using an app, but will if I go to the "desktop".

Neil

Sent from my Cube U30GT using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
When I connect to my PC, I don't get the option to mount USB storage.

Neil

Sent from my Cube U30GT using Tapatalk 2
Go to settings -- storage then click on the 3 dots top right of screen and select USB computer connection. Select the 3rd option Mass Storage to make the cube appear as an external drive on your PC.

Jez

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Glad to help

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just ordered my U30GT so I am trying to get ready for when it arrives. Is this the recommended path on custom roms or should I stick with latest Cube one?

I need to learn so much. I have an Evo phone, but never rooted it. Any suggested reading since I know how annoying this can be.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
74 Posts
In my opinion you should install Evo Prime, not primarily because of the root, but because it adds google play fixes, gets rid of the chinese bloatware and runs faster in my opinion. The root is just an added bonus if you have the applications to make use of it.

Firmware flash instructions: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/33528-firmware-upgrade-instructions/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts