Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi, I searched many here but I cannot find any topic talking about the new allwinner A20. Under the forum cortex A7 there is only A31 but no info about A20.

I start this topic asking if someone own a tablet with this new chip and the reason because I bought one from e.b.a.y and I would like if we can share in future how to update and any custom roms:
http://www.eba-y.com/itm/7-in-allwinner-A20-dual-core-mali400-gpu-android-4-2-Tablet-PC-1GB-ram-with-gift-/190836028193?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123
Regards

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
182 Posts
what about ampe a78 3g dualcore? This is using qualcomm processor. Why does ampe keep on using same model for their different product?

ampe a78 alone have 3 version:
- rockchip 3066 model without 3g
- qualcomm dual core with 3g
- a20 chip without 3g

I think all 3 also have different resolution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
good morning to all
could you tell me how to unpack and repack the firmware for this table,
I have the model LY-S1A of the Lyric this is the link http://www.lyxfsz.com/en/products_view.htm?id=64
Property Photograph Product Font Rectangle
Chinese manufacturer sent me via skype firmware, I would like to eliminate the Google apps from original firmware S1A-20130522.1.0.8-S738-dou0308.img , to install it on a thirty tablet. if you need the firmware can postarvi where you want. please help me

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
good morning to all
could you tell me how to unpack and repack the firmware for this table,
I have the model LY-S1A of the Lyric this is the link http://www.lyxfsz.com/en/products_view.htm?id=64
View attachment 26314
Chinese manufacturer sent me via skype firmware, I would like to eliminate the Google apps from original firmware S1A-20130522.1.0.8-S738-dou0308.img , to install it on a thirty tablet. if you need the firmware can postarvi where you want. please help me
Yes I'm actually curious to see if it will work for my Ampe A78 Allwinner A20 Tablet. Seems like they are about the same.
If you could post a link or upload it to google drive and post a link that would be awesome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got this a20 tablet I want to upgrade it Android 4.3

Can you guys give me some info where to start atleast.

What program/tool will I need?

Then I can start looking for firmware files.

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi, it would seem that though this is an populair CPU, not many know something about it and are developing firmware and recovery for it. I have knocked my head into walls several times looking for info on recoveries, how to unlock bootloader or how to tell if its already unlocked.

And if its possible to give an wifi only tab, phone and sms capabilities through usb modem that support it (possible in windows, so why its not in Android is just stupid).

Those who know these things are often pompus asses, that instead of answerring the question just reply "google it"! I say pompus asses, because if someone come to me asking for help, then I help, I don't act like that.

I have got an unknown MINAMI Allwinner A20 1.2Ghz dualcore tablet with 1Gb ddr3 Ram, 8Gb rom, 7" display with 1024*600', HDMI, Micro USB OTG host, dual cam, wi-fi, power and back buttons, vol+/- soft buttons, stock recovery (3e), jellybean 4.2.2, pre-rooted from factory.

And I have been looking for TWRP recovery for more than 2 months now, and I'm not unfamiliar of searching the net, as that is 90% of what I do before repairing a computer - and that I have been doing for 25 years. So good luck

JBJ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts