Android Tablets Forum banner

Alkido FC when trying to read ePub book on SD card

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  wiggydeb 
#1 ·
Anyone else having trouble with Alkido on the PDN? I can use it fine to download and read books that I get through the app, but I have some other books in ePub format on an SD card that I did not get through Alkido. I was able to import them in Alkido and they show up on the shelves, but when I try to open one I get a force close of the app.I did a little bit of poking around on Alkido's website, but couldn't find anything helpful for this situation. I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts or ideas. Thanks!

#5 ·
i have the same problem, when i first got the novel i inserted my sd card and i can read all my 600+ epub files but now when im in the pandahome and used Aldiko i cant even import them, it just says no book found. is there any way i can open them from another reader/application?

#6 ·
I have the same problem with some books I reformat with Calibre. Some books. That's what makes it so frustrating. Not every book I run thru Calibre gives Aldiko problems, but enough do to make it a problem. I haven't noticed any particular input format creating a problem so it must just be some coding in some files that Calibre can't deal with and it causes an incompatable output. ????I've stopped using Aldiko and gone to the Pandigital reader. It doesn't have as many options as Aldiko but it does have one big, big advantage to me .... it remembers where I stopped reading and returns me to that spot when I come back. And it uses page numbers so when I open the "go to" option I have an actual page number I can input.Aldiko always opened my books at page 1 every time, even if I was 2/3 thru the book when I stopped. And that "go to" slider is useless in my opinion.

#7 ·
Interesting -- I never had that problem with Aldiko (always going to page one). Not only does it remember where I left off, but it even remembers where I left off if I wipe my device and rebuild it, which I do more than I'd like to. That tells me that it's dropping a config / DB file of some kind on my SD card.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.