Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello All,I updated my firmware from Rogerbaun's 5.1 to 6 Beta. After doing so, I can no longer view the books I had previously downloaded and I cannot import any books back into Aldiko. I have the sdcard/eBooks folder on my SD card with the books I had previously downloaded along with the import folder, however when I go to import, it says there are "No Books Found". Anyone know how I can fix this without losing my books that were previously downloaded?

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
when you start alkido and click the import button, i think it needs to be in a subfolder in the ebooks folder called import. I dont have mine with me atm (am at work) but can check when i get home tonight and post.I only found it after much hair tearing and swearing, i think (from memory) when you click import a few lines of text appears explaining it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After playing around with it a bit I figured it out. You have to reimport all of the books. Basically, I had to mount my sd, move all of my epub files that I had previously downloaded that were in the eBooks folder, and move them all back int o the import folder. Then I unmounted it, loaded Aldiko, and did the import again. Now I can see all of my books again. Kind of sucks though, if I going to have to do this everytime I doa firmware upgrade.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
hmmmm you could try removing the reader alltogether, re download it and install, and see if that happens.Dont think anyone has mentioned that issue in the other thread aPad RogerBraun Firmware[rom]-hybrid-6-beta-test-2048/it might be good to post similar question there and see what others say, they are way smarter than me on these devicesif you work it out can you post just in case others run into the same issue :)

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
whoops i was slow posting, thanks for the info, im sure someone else will need that as well, i know i will when the final version comes out :)cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.