Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anyone upgrading to larger sd card I made a copy of the old old one, But I did mine before booting up so it has not been changed, personal info etc etc on there. it can also save new users from having to take the time to copy their old one.

the file can be found here, just download and unrar (unpacked size is almost 4 gigs)

·
Registered
41 Posts
As anyone upgrading to larger sd card I made a copy of the old old one, But I did mine before booting up so it has not been changed, personal info etc etc on there. it can also save new users from having to take the time to copy their old one.
the file can be found here, just download and unrar (unpacked size is almost 4 gigs)
Well done man! The wiki has been updated with your link. If you feel it needs more specifics, please let me know. Leave a note here or pm me.

Thanks for your work. I think I've ddumped original about 15 times now.
It's nice to have a clean copy available!

·
Registered
13 Posts

thank you so much. life saver here.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I bought a month old a816 and the other guy had already put all his info in it. I still can't get his gmail account removed. Your virgin image will be very useful to get this back to a blank state errr tablet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I guess Herotab MID816 and Minipad A816 are the same, hence posting this here again.....

I guess there is a new firmware available on the Aishuomid Website
And it was released on 25th July 2011.

a816_h_full_s5pv210bena-ota-eng.20110725.zip

Love Master A815, A816 2011年7月25 Japanese version of the firmware Brush (Andrews resistance version 2.3)
Aishuo A815 A 816 A817 Android 2.3 Flash firmware of July 25, 2011 for resistive Touch screen

Chrome Browser's Chinese translation to English pasted below...

July 25, 2011 edition Brush firmware (Resistance Version) 1 mouse is available (2) solve the problem of electricity allowed 3 additional updates follow-up Download http://u.115.com/file/e6y1id3k # a816_h_full_s5pv210bena-ota -eng.20110725.zip

It says..
1. Mouse is available.. I guess it supports.. plugging Mouse to USB now...
2. Electricity problem solved.. I guess the battery drain issue is fixed...
3. Additional updates...

Can anyone try this.. or atleast confirm this.. update... is for our A816...

Downloaded it.. its around 70.9MB...

Download links for easier access...

Link1 Resistive

Link2 Resistive

Both the above links are for resistive screens.. but I guess only one link is working...

Pasting the build.prop taken from the latest July 25th 2011.. zip file... can anyone please verify if this is update is applicable for A816.... resitive touch.. with hardware buttons...

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=GINGERBREAD
ro.build.display.id=GINGERBREAD.eng.version=bena-20110725_195233
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.version=bena-20110725_195233
ro.build.version.sdk=9
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=2.3.1
ro.build.date=2011.07.25
ro.build.date.utc=1311594801
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=arch
ro.build.host=archdev
ro.build.tags=
ro.product.model=Full Android on S5PV210
ro.product.brand=generic
ro.product.name=full_s5pv210bena
ro.product.device=s5pv210bena
ro.product.board=s5pv210bena
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=unknown
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=s5pc110
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=s5pv210bena
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=full_s5pv210bena-user 2.3.1 GINGERBREAD eng.version=bena-20110725_195233
ro.build.fingerprint=generic/full_s5pv210bena/s5pv210bena:2.3.1/GINGERBREAD/eng.version=bena-20110725_195233:user/
# end build properties
#
# system.prop for s5pv210bena
#
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libebena-ril.so
rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyUSB0
ro.sf.lcd_density=240
#ro.sf.lcd_density=158

ro.url.legal=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/phone-legal.html
ro.url.legal.android_privacy=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/privacy.html
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google

ro.com.android.wifi-watchlist=GoogleGuest
ro.com.android.dataroaming=false

#ro.error.receiver.system.apps=com.google.android.feedback

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.opengles.version=131072
dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m
keyguard.no_require_sim=true
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
ro.com.android.dataroaming=true
ro.ril.hsxpa=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=10
ro.config.notification_sound=OnTheHunt.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

·
Registered
14 Posts
I guess Herotab MID816 and Minipad A816 are the same, hence posting this here again.....

I guess there is a new firmware available on the Aishuomid Website
And it was released on 25th July 2011.

a816_h_full_s5pv210bena-ota-eng.20110725.zip

Love Master A815, A816 2011年7月25 Japanese version of the firmware Brush (Andrews resistance version 2.3)
Aishuo A815 A 816 A817 Android 2.3 Flash firmware of July 25, 2011 for resistive Touch screen

Chrome Browser's Chinese translation to English pasted below...

July 25, 2011 edition Brush firmware (Resistance Version) 1 mouse is available (2) solve the problem of electricity allowed 3 additional updates follow-up Download http://u.115.com/file/e6y1id3k # a816_h_full_s5pv210bena-ota -eng.20110725.zip

It says..
1. Mouse is available.. I guess it supports.. plugging Mouse to USB now...
2. Electricity problem solved.. I guess the battery drain issue is fixed...
3. Additional updates...

Can anyone try this.. or atleast confirm this.. update... is for our A816...

Downloaded it.. its around 70.9MB...

[/i]
If someone can confirm this (and explain how to do it) this will be a great weekend, I'll finally get to play with my pad! !

·
Registered
22 Posts
If someone can confirm this (and explain how to do it) this will be a great weekend, I'll finally get to play with my pad! !
You can find Firmware Update Instructions on the Wiki.

I updated with the 7/25 firmware. Haven't tested out the USB Mouse thing. Too much bother for me to unplug mouse

As for the battery reader, I "think" it's working. When I unplugged tablet from adapter, the battery percentage went from 100% to 97%. But after having it unplugged for about 3 min then power down, power back up, battery percentage at 94%. Hence the I "think"
Also, note that previous to this update. I typically have 88% battery after I unplug.

Note1: DO NOT unzip this file. Just save the download as is to your microSD card and follow all the other instructions.
Note2: Make sure you download the CORRECT file. There are two links on the site and one is for resistive while the other is capacitive.

Go to aishuo's mfg website. Then click English (Top right corner), then click technology. You'll see the firmware versions listed in english there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK. I've updated the Slatedroid Wiki with:
1) Aishuo Firmware Download Page
2) Alternative Link to Resisitive Firmware
3) Alternative Link to Capactive Firmware.

NOTE: I don't have a capactive tablet, so I can't confirm if that particular firmware works or not. If anyone have a capactive tablet and is able to update their firmware, please report back on results. Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts

NOTE: I don't have a capactive tablet, so I can't confirm if that particular firmware works or not. If anyone have a capactive tablet and is able to update their firmware, please report back on results. Thanks!
This community is better off for having you happen upon it.
Thanks so much for continuing to get to the work and handle these updates in such short order.
I'm certain that I speak for quite a few when I say that your efforts are appreciated.
+1'd your post.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Thank you so much; this is exactly what I was waiting for to update my tablet which had the wrong firmware (A818) when I bought it. This worked perfectly and now my ghost button on the bottom and side are gone. Best of all I was under the impression that a firmware update would reset my tablet and I would lose all my apps but that was not the case. All I need to do now is reroot and reinstall the CIFS module. I can leave with that.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you all.....
I'm happy my contribution has made it to the wiki... the wiki had helped me a lot...

Few more suggestions...
1. If we could get it.. rooted, (I will try to do it.. will try to copy paste SU n SuperUser to the bins/xbin.. wherever) even before we apply the zip, then we wud have.. a rooted working update.. that will last us good....
2. If we could remove the unnecessary apks... even that wud help..
3. Change the density in build.prop to 180 or 190 (this I can do...)

But for all these.. if we can get some reputed member to start off.. atleast give us the directions to address the above points.. then we can create an all together... new Updated zip... that will be good for all of us...

Wht say... Game..on....

·
Registered
17 Posts

I would suggest.. we wait till we have this virgin image
1. Rooted.
2. Unwanted APK's removed
3. DPI changed to 180/190..
4. Anything else that wud make this superfast and the best...

If we could get some seasoned player help us with the directions... on the above.. we could do the rest.... please take it up...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1. Rooted.

If we could get some seasoned player help us with the directions... on the above.. we could do the rest.... please take it up...
root instructions are in the wiki, doing a factory reset will take care of number 2, so that just leaves the dpi which is in the build .prop

·
Registered
22 Posts
1. Rooted.

Thanks for posting the link to the new firmware!

For 1 and 3 those can all be easily solved by the instructions on the Slatedroid Wiki for A816. It's actually pretty easy to do since all the people involved had posted detailed instructions.

For 2, all you have to do is install Titanium Backup and you can then backup the unwanted APK (if you choose) and then uninstall them. This way you can always restore if you want to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi all

Thought i would download this but the Factory is using a file hosting website and get the following message (translated form chinese)

This document's share has expired, you may remind the sharer to extendReminds the sharer to extend

Seems strange they use a limited file sharing service!

Edit: Just found the file on the Wiki

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can find Firmware Update Instructions on the Wiki.

I updated with the 7/25 firmware. Haven't tested out the USB Mouse thing. Too much bother for me to unplug mouse

As for the battery reader, I "think" it's working. When I unplugged tablet from adapter, the battery percentage went from 100% to 97%. But after having it unplugged for about 3 min then power down, power back up, battery percentage at 94%. Hence the I "think"
Also, note that previous to this update. I typically have 88% battery after I unplug.

Note1: DO NOT unzip this file. Just save the download as is to your microSD card and follow all the other instructions.
Note2: Make sure you download the CORRECT file. There are two links on the site and one is for resistive while the other is capacitive.

Go to aishuo's mfg website. Then click English (Top right corner), then click technology. You'll see the firmware versions listed in english there.
damn, i flashed the wrong one and now the display is messed up. i tried flashing the correct one (resistive) and it gives me an error:
err in /tmp/sideload/package.zip status 7 installation aborted

any help. this makes me so mad i made such a dumb mistake.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
damn, i flashed the wrong one and now the display is messed up. i tried flashing the correct one (resistive) and it gives me an error:
err in /tmp/sideload/package.zip status 7 installation aborted

any help. this makes me so mad i made such a dumb mistake.
you can try flashing sigimg/boot/recovery via fastboot, or maybe even the patch via fastboot. But if worse come to worse you crack it open and pull out the sd card.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you can try flashing sigimg/boot/recovery via fastboot, or maybe even the patch via fastboot. But if worse come to worse you crack it open and pull out the sd card.
Thanks for the quick reply, I forgot that this has the micro sd inside it, that's reassuring.

Would you mind sending a link or mind guiding me a bit on flashing sigmig/boot/recovery via fastboot? Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts