Registered
190 Posts
UPCOMING AINOL TABLETS
QUADCORE ERA

Ainol Novo 7 Venus
Purple Mobile phone Mobile device Communication Device Output device

Font Output device Material property Software Screenshot

Ainol Novo 7 Dragon
Tablet computer Communication Device Portable communications device Mobile phone Gadget

Rectangle Personal computer Font Parallel Computer

Ainol Novo 7 Flame II
Tablet computer Computer Output device Gadget Personal computer

Font Parallel Screenshot Multimedia Rectangle

Ainol Novo 7 Legend
Output device Product Computer Communication Device Peripheral

Font Output device Material property Peripheral Multimedia

Ainol Novo 8 Dream
Tablet computer Communication Device Purple Gadget Font

Product Font Communication Device Mobile phone Material property

Ainol Novo 10 Hero
Output device Gadget Font Automotive design Automotive exterior

Tablet computer Font Material property Communication Device Technology

Ainol Novo 10 Hero II
Output device Purple Communication Device Gesture Gadget

Product Font Material property Screenshot Software

Ainol Novo 10 Captain
Rectangle Font Material property Gadget Output device

Product Tablet computer Font Communication Device Portable communications device

Source : bbs.ainol.com

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thanks! Very interesting.
Here's my summary:

NOVO7 Dragon
quad-core, 800x480 (TN), 8GB, 3700mAh (Web: 7h)

NOVO7 Legend
quad-core, 800x600 (TN), 8GB, 3000mAh (Web: 6h)

NOVO7 Flame II
quad-core, 1280x800 (IPS), 16GB, 5000mAh (Web: 8h), Dual Camera (2&5MP), Flashlight, Bluetooth

NOVO7 Venus
quad-core, 1280x800 (IPS), 8GB, 4000mAh (Web: 7h), Dual Camera (0.3&2MP), Bluetooth, GPS

NOVO8 Dream
quad-core, 1024x768 (IPS), 8GB, 6000mAh (Web: 8h), Dual Camera (0.3&2MP), Bluetooth, GPS

NOVO10 Hero
dual-core, 1280x800 (IPS), 16GB, 8000mAh (Web: 8h), Dual Camera (0.3&2MP), Bluetooth

NOVO10 Hero II
quad-core, 1280x800 (IPS), 16GB, 8000mAh (Web: 7-8h), Dual Camera (0.3&2MP), Bluetooth, GPS

NOVO10 Captain
quad-core, 1920x1200 (IPS), 8GB, 10000mAh (Web: 10h), Dual Camera (0.3&2MP), Bluetooth, GPS

Notes:
All models with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), USB 3.0 (!) and the usual (1 GB DDR RAM, HDMI, micro SD, WiFi, etc.).
The quad-core SoC is an ACT-ATM7029 (CPU: ARM Cortex A9, GPU: GC1000).
All 8 and 10.1 inch models have two integrated speakers.

Too many models with some strange decision, if you ask me. Why release a Hero 1 with Amlogic dual-core? Ok, as "low-end" 10.1 inch tablet maybe. But why give the Captain flagship only 8GB of internal flash?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm big fan of Ainol and now eaven more to me all these look awesome devices. Cant wait for them to come out, i really hope they get something done by christmas. My personal favorite is ofc the Captain.

Too many models with some strange decision, if you ask me. Why release a Hero 1 with Amlogic dual-core? Ok, as "low-end" 10.1 inch tablet maybe. But why give the Captain flagship only 8GB of internal flash?
Maybe the Hero is already in production with the current AML dual-core stock but for now Ainol has decided to stop with Amlogic and go with Actions ATM7029 quad-core. All "new" products will be with ATM7029.

Maybe they want to keep the flagship price still under some level and try to cheap with internal-flash
imo i'm using external flash anyway so this wont bother me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What the hell is Ainol thinking? I'm interested in a Flame II, but this crappy GPU makes it pointless to have a Quad Core CPU. The only reason for the Quad Core CPU is to help boost the GPU. Why is GPS not on the Flame II?

If these specs are genuine then the Flame I may be better than the Flame II. If Ainol doesn't get an official version of JB on the Flame I I'm going to be pissed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You wouldnt be the only one of us who would be pissed. At least they shoumd release the damn sources to let others do their work.

Like some one said in an other thread, it seems that there is only one guy working on the software and 2 dozends working to get new hardware out of the factory ;-)

·
Developer
427 Posts
Thanks! Very interesting.
Here's my summary:

Notes:
All models with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), USB 3.0 (!) and the usual (1 GB DDR RAM, HDMI, micro SD, WiFi, etc.).
The quad-core SoC is an ACT-ATM7029 (CPU: ARM Cortex A9, GPU: GC1000).
All 8 and 10.1 inch models have two integrated speakers.

Thanks for the nice summary! As for the reason to release one last tablet with an Amlogic dual-core: they probably still have a stock of chips from Amlogic or have an on-going supply contract. But quite obviously they are abandoning Amlogic and switching over to Actions Semi ( http://www.actions-semi.com/en/index.aspx ) as their main partner for tablet development.

The quad-core feature across their entire lineup should help Ainol to remain quite competitive in the fast-paced tablet market. As for the new GPU, I would suggest to wait until we have actual performance numbers before passing any judgment (positive or negative).

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
The rise of the cheap quad core era. Hell I need to upgrade all my gadgets soon.

Lets see how Ainol does with their first wave of these tablets as I'm not sold on their dual core tablets

Still don't see any 3G inbuilt tablet from these guys

·
Registered
18 Posts
The rise of the cheap quad core era. Hell I need to upgrade all my gadgets soon.

Lets see how Ainol does with their first wave of these tablets as I'm not sold on their dual core tablets

Still don't see any 3G inbuilt tablet from these guys
in my opinion it doesn't make sense to have 3g internal. If you have a number of devices you only use one at a time and therefore you only need one dongle or even MiFi. One dongle for all your tablets.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I don't think we really need to wait to see how that GC1000 crap performs.

Vivante GC2000 barely able to compete against Mali400 MP2 performance.
Plus the fact that Game Devs don't even bother to accept the existence of this thing.

Novo7Flame vs. Freescale i.MX6Q
The Flame is 1280x800 and MX6DQ is 1024x768. The Flame still kicks butt even at higher resolution!!!

Vivante is not the best choice for GPU. ARM's Mali400 is better. The Mali450 is even better but no ARM chip maker is using that one yet.

The GC1000 is going to be worse. Fairly similar to the GC800 in my i7. ie. GC1000 is slightly better than GC800 and worse than Mali400.

I think Ainol were going for a cheap quad core CPU. That's why they chose this one. But gaming performance is very important. What good is having quad core CPU if both 8726-MX and RK3066 kick its butt in gaming?

Reactions: Welliam

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
in my opinion it doesn't make sense to have 3g internal. If you have a number of devices you only use one at a time and therefore you only need one dongle or even MiFi. One dongle for all your tablets.
Well not everyone has wireless on the go and a number of devices so it does make sense.

Besides most dongles are not supported in official build roms by Ainol so saves a lot of people the hustle and it's portable. Better than having a dongle hanging by the side of the tablet.

Sent from my Aurora-II using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
819 Posts
The Flame is 1280x800 and MX6DQ is 1024x768. The Flame still kicks butt even at higher resolution!!!

Vivante is not the best choice for GPU. ARM's Mali400 is better. The Mali450 is even better but no ARM chip maker is using that one yet.

The GC1000 is going to be worse. Fairly similar to the GC800 in my i7. ie. GC1000 is slightly better than GC800 and worse than Mali400.

I think Ainol were going for a cheap quad core CPU. That's why they chose this one. But gaming performance is very important. What good is having quad core CPU if both 8726-MX and RK3066 kick its butt in gaming?
INDEED!

I'd rather pick any RK3066 Tablets over that QuadCore Action thing...

Or get the Exynos 4412.. =D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am just too excited looking at this list of Quad core devices, Wondering what would their marketing price be? I would really love to add Flame II to my collection, and of course, how I wish they would come up with English Firmware, by default on them..!!!!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.