Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its official firmware from Ainol which they dont officialy release on bbs.ainol!

Installation via recovery(Stock, CWM, TWRP).It is recommended to install from 4.2.2(04.01.14) and higher.
Changelog:
1.AOSP 4.2.2 from Google with some modifications from Actions-Semi.
2.New kernel(including all proprietarity and open-sources modules).
3.When you first start tablet, you will get a welcome screen with the choice of: language,wifi,etc.
4.File manager from Actions-Semi.

Download:
Hero II(V2, Samsung).
Hero II(V1, LG).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fabulous production(at least for pentagram quadra7 after porting it).

This thing seems to have up to 20% more performance, than sharkdroid.

VMK/LM/build.prop tweaks + init.d support are needed to get most of it, but..rom seems to be prone to tweaking so i am DAMN happy seeing results.

Erm...actual tests: 16513 antutu and 61.1 fps in nenamark.

Port it to your machines, guys, whoever is able to.

btw - udn app(new navi bar app) will destroy this performance, unfortunately ;/ .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
I found this SDK on baidu in March 2015.I dont remember nickname of this member...
For Crystal 2 and Discover i didnt find any fw.Maybe they were,but the device names were not specified.
I have seen single firmwares (for Captain I think, maybe for Korean market?),

(Here is one about the same age but haven't checked what it is: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i3gePmt )

but have not been that interested as there is 7029 firmwares newer that this.

(That doesn't mean that the kernel were any newer though...)

Anyway, nice find this big clump of Ainol firmwares...

And thanks for sharing!

:give_rose:

·
Registered
77 Posts
This rom...is insane. Read whole post, if you are user of atm7029.

ok...how can i get init.d support with this rom?

I tried three different methods, and zero effect, scripts are not used ;/

some things i needed to set were able to be done with performancecontrol, but still - some still need to be..implemented in my port to make me perfectly happy...

btw - weird thing - i never seen such fast batt charging..weird.

upd:

Erm, lowlevel tests show, that java works 30% better, than with best rom made for atm7029 done before this one. I am too drunk to post comparison screens now, but...damn.

Cf-bench test: 10270, vs 7383 with shark(yeah, yeah it is all relative, ok, but..), allright?

Boot time is decreased by..3/4 for me vs any other already optimized rom..hm.

Power button wake up - instant.

Screen rotation - instant.

Now I am baffled: i am using same kernel(whole misc.img) and same tweaks, and this thing works like different machine, wtf :)

I wonder, if libs taken from latest baidu roms for OTHER machines with atm7029 would speed up my semi-ridiculous machine with this rom..hm..

My favourite swf Amiga flashtros works beautifully now(java and swf player gain, that is).

Help me with adding init.d support, i NEED IT. sysctl support would be nice...too :)

This is *freaking weird - 61.0-61.9 fps in nenamark. Weak tablet, allright. Vsync on? Hmmmm.. :) So now you know why i need init.d support. To remove vsync, experimetally :)

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
Flashed it onto my Venus Lite, it's pretty disappointing. Goole play keeps randomly crashing. The tablet keeps freezing. Major lag.

But, thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
It's a bit odd that these have been made over a year ago but not released...

Searched the Crystal 2 version but no luck. All I could find was a DIY package
with 131224 source code and a "patch" for Crystal2 (files from 040104 V2 update).
But I have no interest to build it myself (even if I could).

edit

The DIY package is now available from this post, if someone wants to build us the Crystal2 version. ;)
Or otherwise utilize it... http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/87513-ainol-422-source-code-released/?p=1254170

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
I also flashed this firmware to Venus Lite but it works perfectly smooth for me. Better than SharkAndroid and VPN is working here :) .
Please share your secret. Because sharkandroid won't flash on my venus at all. All i get is lines across the screen.

What ROM where you using and how did you flash this one?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I flashed the stock 2014 ROM for Venus first using pad tool, then install this firmware through CWM.
(info for LuckyMe) Exactly - to use custom cwm rom you need to have adequate "base", first.

You may need to replace some files in destination rom, if it makes trouble(HW libs, misc.img, updater-script, /libs/modules...and so on). Base determines some things here, and cwm customs do the rest.

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
I flashed 4.4.2 1/4/2014 (or is it 4/1/2014? )with the pad tool formatting cache and data, after a factory reset. Then i flashed this zip with the stock recovery, as the developer states you can use it. So you're saying it needs to be flashed with CWM?

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
(info for LuckyMe) Exactly - to use custom cwm rom you need to have adequate "base", first.
You may need to replace some files in destination rom, if it makes trouble(HW libs, misc.img, updater-script, /libs/modules...and so on). Base determines some things here, and cwm customs do the rest.
I know how to flash. I've flashed my venus many times. Stock and customs. I've never had to replace files, nor do i know how to do that. If i follow the developer's instructions it should work, if he says it's compatible.

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
I flashed the stock 2014 ROM for Venus first using pad tool, then install this firmware through CWM.
I'm curious, were you both already using the 4.4.2? And didn't have to reformat first? Just flashed this zip?

If you had to flash 4.4.2 first, did reformat? Or dirty flash?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.