Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellas,

I got Ainol Poseidon AX1 tablet from some seller on Aliexpress. I have set this up as my Car entertainment system.
Was very happy with the overall performance of this Tablet until i connected a CDMA SIM Card.

I did not had a CDMA SIM card, so did not test it with a GSM SIM card upon receiving this tablet.

This tablet does not detect any SIM card. Used Airtel GSM SIM, Tata Docomo CDMA SIM and nothing works.

Contacted seller who is from China and he says that AINOL does not detect SIM cards provided by Telecommunications company(GOD KNOW WHAT HE MEANT BY THAT). Wondering who else can provide a SIM card.
- Tried factory reset - no luck
- CDMA sim card of other providers too - nothing worked.

I request forum members to please help me out in getting this thing worked.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Santosh Keerthi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello there, As i know AX1 is support WCDMA, that is some kind of GSM 3G standard, not CDMA system,
and in China only company offer CDMA is China Telecom, so your buyer reply "Telecommunications company" maybe google translate of China Telecom.

Hope this can help.

BTW, I have 2 WCDMA card in my AX1, the connection always reset, can any one can solve this?

Hello Fellas,

I got Ainol Poseidon AX1 tablet from some seller on Aliexpress. I have set this up as my Car entertainment system.
Was very happy with the overall performance of this Tablet until i connected a CDMA SIM Card.

I did not had a CDMA SIM card, so did not test it with a GSM SIM card upon receiving this tablet.

This tablet does not detect any SIM card. Used Airtel GSM SIM, Tata Docomo CDMA SIM and nothing works.

Contacted seller who is from China and he says that AINOL does not detect SIM cards provided by Telecommunications company(GOD KNOW WHAT HE MEANT BY THAT). Wondering who else can provide a SIM card.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Santosh Keerthi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello there, As i know AX1 is support WCDMA, that is some kind of GSM 3G standard, not CDMA system,
and in China only company offer CDMA is China Telecom, so your buyer reply "Telecommunications company" maybe google translate of China Telecom.

Hope this can help.

BTW, I have 2 WCDMA card in my AX1, the connection always reset, can any one can solve this?
Hello,

So what I understand from this result is that AX1 Poseidon cannot be used with a regular GSM SIM for phone calling. Usually if it is WCDMA or 3G , then the SIM option or SIM slot is present, where you can insert a regular SIM, but that SIM cannot be used for Mobile Voice Calling, instead it is meant for data connection only. This is normally clearly written in the product specs, that whether it support GSM 900/1800/1900 for Mobile calling, or does it support a 3G SIM only for data.

Please share your further findings, since I am also looking for AX1 Poseidon, hoping that it would support GSM Mobile Calling option.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

So what I understand from this result is that AX1 Poseidon cannot be used with a regular GSM SIM for phone calling. Usually if it is WCDMA or 3G , then the SIM option or SIM slot is present, where you can insert a regular SIM, but that SIM cannot be used for Mobile Voice Calling, instead it is meant for data connection only. This is normally clearly written in the product specs, that whether it support GSM 900/1800/1900 for Mobile calling, or does it support a 3G SIM only for data.

Please share your further findings, since I am also looking for AX1 Poseidon, hoping that it would support GSM Mobile Calling option.

Thanks.
Hi,

I'm using it with 2 sims. 1 GSM and 1 3G.
I can use booth for mobile calling, so don't be worry

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do not confuse wcdma with CDMA. They are two different things. CDMA carriers in China and south america use an R-UIM that is similar to the gsm/wcdma USIM cards used in the AX1. Any GSM/WCDMA card will work in the AX1 as far as I have seen. I have used T-Mobile, AT&T, Net 10, Simple Mobile, and Aio Wireless. All of them work in the AX1.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Fellas,

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Santosh Keerthi
I am having the same problem. My AX1 Phablet isn't detecting the sim. It detects it but it stops detecting it after like 1 min. and I can't make calls. I live in Trinidad and Tobago and my two network carriers support GSM 1600. The AX1 also supports that so what is the problem? Can anyone who's figured this out make a video showing the precise steps on how to resolve this issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an Ainol AX1 with dual Sim and yes sometimes it does not detect the sim. It is usually resolved after it reboots (which is does on it's own -help!). It's a quad core MT8389 running on Android 4.2.1. Works on 3G. I've tested it with two sim's and both works at the same time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For those of you having the "Not Detecting Sim" issue or it keeps dropping calls, you need not worry. I have an easy fix for you.

1.Simply Download "Mobile Uncle Tools" from Play Store open it and select "engineer mode" then "Engineer MTK".

If you don't want to download Mobile Uncle Tools then go to Dialer and dial ( *#*#3646633#*#* ) to get into engineer mode.

2. Once in Engineer Mode, under Telephony. Select "Network Selecting"

3. You will see "Select Preferred Network Type" Choose "GSM Only"

4. That's it...for some reason it doesn't seem to read SIM Card properly when it's on "GSM/WCDMA" and "WCDMA"

Maybe it the type of sim you're using...if this doesn't work the please let me know with a reply.

NOTE: No need to flash phone or update firmware to do this. Also, this is for the Ainol AX1 Poseidon.

Cheers!
Hozi

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those of you having the "Not Detecting Sim" issue or it keeps dropping calls, you need not worry. I have an easy fix for you.

1.Simply Download "Mobile Uncle Tools" from Play Store open it and select "engineer mode" then "Engineer MTK".

If you don't want to download Mobile Uncle Tools then go to Dialer and dial ( *#*#3646633#*#* ) to get into engineer mode.

2. Once in Engineer Mode, under Telephony. Select "Network Selecting"

3. You will see "Select Preferred Network Type" Choose "GSM Only"

4. That's it...for some reason it doesn't seem to read SIM Card properly when it's on "GSM/WCDMA" and "WCDMA"

Maybe it the type of sim you're using...if this doesn't work the please let me know with a reply.

NOTE: No need to flash phone or update firmware to do this. Also, this is for the Ainol AX1 Poseidon.

Cheers!
Hozi
Hi Hozi,

I am having the same problem. I tried to do all the steps given by you. But under Telephony ->Network Selecting->Select Preferred Network Type

I dont see GSM/WCDMA" and "WCDMA"

Insted i found the 3 options as 1.IVSR 2. 23GCRO 3.23GHOO

Please suggest on this. Your reply is much appreciated.

Thanks

Gopi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Final Solution
If your problem is not the band in USA (Ainol AX1 works with 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz and 3G: WCDMA 850/2100MHz) and you get "Invalid IMEI" try this:

1. You need a couple of old useless but clean (not blocked by IMEI, not stolen) GSM cell phones

2. Write down IMEI numbers of the old phones (typing *#06# or watching under battery)

3. In Ainol AX1, write *#*#3646633#*#* in dialer. You will see a new menu. Goto connectivity > CDS Information > Phone 1 > write AT+EGMR=1,7,"1ST_IMEI_HERE" > send AT command after completion message reboot your phablet and repeat for phone 2 but with command AT+EGMR=1,10,"2ND_IMEI_HERE".

4. Voila! You have the power

1 - 10 of 10 Posts