Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just for those with Multitouch issues, try Multitouch Visible Test from the market.
I had issues with the original firmware, but the 0726 Foreign Version works perfectly (5-touch confirmed).

The LCD Density options in Settings/Display in 0726 works fine, so no need to do any messy editing. The defined options don't seem to misalign anything. No performance gain, but then again, I don't play FPS on my tablet either, I leave that up to my PC. Anyhow, 0726 seems much more fluid than earlier versions to me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Actually internal wifi chip, is really 2in 1 chip wifi b,g,n + bluetooth. But need that somebody can unlock this option. On future firmwares they told to add bluetooth support. So i'm waiting for usb-gps support.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The only real negative issue is the battery life at 2-3 hours with WiFi and just over 5 without. Android 2.3 would be better than the 2.2 stock, but an update is promised (we shall see). An inconvenience is the 9 volt charger which means no USB charging facility.
Do you know what kind of battery is in yours? Merimobiles are selling them wih new, bigger batteries now. I "need" 7-8 hours of use from a tablet, althugh to be honest I'm a bit scpetical towards getting one without the ability to charge from USB. I use USB to charge mobile, headphone amp, BT Handsfree an DS. I have grown to hate anything that requires it's own charging adapter. Is the one it ships with bulky? Also, could you be so kind as to check how many amps the Novo needs (Should be printed in the instruction manual)?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you know what kind of battery is in yours? Merimobiles are selling them wih new, bigger batteries now. I "need" 7-8 hours of use from a tablet, althugh to be honest I'm a bit scpetical towards getting one without the ability to charge from USB. I use USB to charge mobile, headphone amp, BT Handsfree an DS. I have grown to hate anything that requires it's own charging adapter. Is the one it ships with bulky? Also, could you be so kind as to check how many amps the Novo needs (Should be printed in the instruction manual)?
With the new battery you will get MAX 4h with wifi, anyways it's enough for me as I will use it mostly @ home. Anyways I just bought one, it will reach my place in two weeks, can't wait. I bought a black one..White is really
nice but I think black is better: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjk5MDk2Nzg0.html (some chinese video showing black version)

·
Registered
14 Posts
With the new battery you will get MAX 4h with wifi, anyways it's enough for me as I will use it mostly @ home. Anyways I just bought one, it will reach my place in two weeks, can't wait. I bought a black one..White is really
nice but I think black is better: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjk5MDk2Nzg0.html (some chinese video showing black version)
Damn, I read that the black version wouldn't be released after all. Oh, anyways, the white I ordered from merimobiles should be fine.
Also, people report of 5+ hours wifi life with the new batteries. And I will build a li-ion pack of 18650 cells (2 series 2 paralell) to power it on trips, if I find good way to connect it internally.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi guys :)

I just got this device and I flashed a firmware on it through the (external) sd-card. So far, so good :) My problem is, that after booting my external sd-card is not mounted? Android can't find my sd-card?

Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Edit: I tried to flash it again, now my sd-card can't even be mounted in the recovery mode???? :-(

·
Registered
497 Posts
go HERE and download the 2.0 version of the Panasonic SD Formatter and format the SD Card via Quick Format then be sure to have only... the update.zip File in the SD Card's Root and "Safely Remove" Device. next, be sure to do the following then update via SD Card

-wipe data / factory reset
-wipe cache partition
-wipe media partition
-Update via SD Card
i recommend any of the two ROMS here but HNCZP is my Fav.! Link

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi guys :)

I just got this device and I flashed a firmware on it through the (external) sd-card. So far, so good :) My problem is, that after booting my external sd-card is not mounted? Android can't find my sd-card?

Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Edit: I tried to flash it again, now my sd-card can't even be mounted in the recovery mode???? :-(
I ordered mine on the 9th from hotmid and they're shipping me a black one. I added dhl express so it should be here this week sometime and I can confirm. Also it's stated to have 2 1900MaH batteries so is that different than the 4000MaH version or are they just rounding up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just ordered my NOVO 8 here in China and hope it will have the latest Firmware on to avoid any hassle.
I like to use during travel here in China to access the Internet.Anybody has expierience with the USB Dongle?
Many thks
Wolf

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all, im from Brazil and ordered one device Called "genesis gt-8220" i think is the same device as Ainol novo 8 but it have only 4gb. In a few days i go recive that , but need know whats the flash version? and if it can store apps in sd? i have a 10" flytouch 3, and sometimes i think 8" is small, it´s ok 8" for watch videos?web?
in many places are people asking about lcd density dpi and roms, it´s a big problem or i can live without this mods? this modes really make the device better and stable?
thx everyone

·
Registered
14 Posts
3G dongle works with FW beta 0826. But takes a lifetime to connect. After standby mode, 3G rarely connects.

AC3 issue has bem fixed

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Just a quick addition to this thread I started with an update on how the 6 month old Novo 8 is doing.

So, now it has NebulaNerd's 2.3.4 firmware clocked at 1GHz (Ainol standard FW is 800MHz). This is simply awesome. The USB host can now take Bluetooth dongles, many 3G dongles, Ethernet dongle, hard drives and even GPS dongles. I have tried most of these, including a bluetooth GPS which worked perfectly. Market has all the apps visible. With Chainfire3D many Tegra games are also playable. Even Skype video works.

For all you guys looking at these A10 powered devices like Novo 7 Advanced etc., with this FW it beats them. I have a Teclast P76Ti (virtually identical to Novo 7 Advanced) and the Novo 8 edges ahead on CPU power (at least while the A10 runs at 1GHz), and graphics are the same (Mali400 GPU) - confirmed using both Quadrant and CF Bench.

Yes, the battery life is not great, but the screen is AWESOME. Games like Angry Birds are amazing to look at and play very smoothly. I am sure some of the 3D stuff is not as fast purely down to the huge resolution difference between the 7 & 8 models, but web browsing, Twitter etc. are great with all that real estate.

All in all, a great tablet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can update my Novo 8 Discovery to 4.2? The website says that it supports the upgrade but I have no idea how. The browser and other internet apps are very slow to connect and the device itself is a bit laggy. I'm hoping a software or firmware update can fix that. Does anyone have experience with that? Thanks!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts