Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
cool thx for the review! will watch it when i get back from work! it's one of the tablets in which i am interested in buying.. but i fear for the very short battery life

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
cool thx for the review! will watch it when i get back from work! it's one of the tablets in which i am interested in buying.. but i fear for the very short battery life
One thing you learn very quickly when buying a Chinese tablet....nothings perfect.Your always going to have to compromise somewhere along the line.I personally look for the best real world specs and hope it dosent have too many shortfalls.The NOVO 8 has a poor battery...and thats it.Everything else I have found to be simply outstanding,especially its hi resolution capacitive touchscreen combined with the powerful amlogic chipset,makes a great android gaming rig on the cheap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have gotten word that the newest ones have a larger battery than the older ones...but this came from one source,and theres no physical proof of this yet.My personal one has 2.5-3 hours with wifi on,and around 4 hours with it off,and this is confirmed with many users on many forums.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the nice review. +1.
Indeed a nice review. I am currently looking for a new cheap gaming tablet since I busted my Dropad A8. The multitouch screen and the resolution make it a winner in my opinion. A bummer is the battery... I would love to have 4 - 5 hours of gaming on this baby. But hey, you can't have it all!

I found two different versions of this tablet: one with a 3600 mAh (2 x 1800 mAh? - I also found a site which said it had a 1800 mAh battery) battery and one with 4000 mAh battery (2 x 2000 mAh?) My guess is that the 4000 mAh is the new version of this tablet.

Update: LoL! After researching and this review I could not hold it any longer!
Just bought the 4000 mAh version... Expecting it in 7 - 10 days. As soon as I have this baby I'll post my findings about the battery!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Indeed a nice review. I am currently looking for a new cheap gaming tablet since I busted my Dropad A8. The multitouch screen and the resolution make it a winner in my opinion. A bummer is the battery... I would love to have 4 - 5 hours of gaming on this baby. But hey, you can't have it all!

I found two different versions of this tablet: one with a 3600 mAh (2 x 1800 mAh? - I also found a site which said it had a 1800 mAh battery) battery and one with 4000 mAh battery (2 x 2000 mAh?) My guess is that the 4000 mAh is the new version of this tablet.

Just bought the 4000 mAh version... Expecting it in 7 - 10 days. As soon as I have this baby I'll post my findings about the battery!
Good for you! You will have a great gaming rig when it gets to you,just remember to get chainfire 3D,it really helps out on quite a few games
I'm ordering another NOVO 8 with the bigger battery at the beginning of next month,just like the fact that I can game longer

·
Super Moderator
3,225 Posts
I was "play" today a bit around with that device. Is really good and the screen is great! Very responsive and multi touch works very well. Palyback of movies are just excellent!

Available in white and black, with 8/16/32 internal Nand drive. Cost in Thailand is THB 7,900.00 which is app. USD ~260.00 which seems to be ok for that device.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I really like the "all around" nature of this tablet.Everything just seems to work well,movies,music,games,web...there dosent seem to be anything it cant do well! I'm so glad I took a chance on it
And that screen!!! The best I've seen on a Chinese tablet to date.I just hope more folks get it...seems to be doing merely mediocre in the sales department atm.Hope that changes with the new battery and standard marketplace now offered

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just ordered one of these through Merimobile. When I receive it I will let discuss it here. It should come with the larger battery and Android 2.3 so......

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got this tablet from merimobiles. It works fine but battery is a real issue....runs out just when you begin enjoying it. Screen is also dim. Resolution is good but i think the screen should have been 10 incher to make it more user friendly. As someone posted earlier, with chinese tabs, there is always a serious bug somewhere and the only hope we have is that is should not be a showstopper

I replaced the stock firmware with Android 2.3.4 and seems like the overall stability is downgraded. Stock firmware was ugly and lacked features but more stable...having said that i don't think you can really count of that either. I think there should be way to add a better battery pack to improve the range ? surely there might be someone selling a upgraded battery for this.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts

You never combine the mAh of the batteries to get the total mAh. So if something is advertised at 2x 2000mAh they are probably mislead. Nobody would put that small of a battery in such a machine. I haven't had a Novo 8 open but I'm guessing they have two 3100-4000mAh batteries inside. With China tablets I've noticed it can be a few hundred mAh outside of 3500(Average). I think they just use what's convenient and available and close to their advertised battery specs are.

I can tell you that the 8000mAh battery sold on Chinagrabber is a complete scam. It is just two 4000mAh batteries. Which is 1000mAh better than the stock battery a flytouch comes with normally. People get that extra hour or two so they think that they actually got what the purchased(4 more hours). Chinagrabber also "mismarks" these batteries too to read 8000mAh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry guy's, I'm thinking about to buy the Ainol Novo 8, but now I'm in doubt...
Battery duration is good? about 4 hours with wifi on?

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Sorry guy's, I'm thinking about to buy the Ainol Novo 8, but now I'm in doubt...
Battery duration is good? about 4 hours with wifi on?
Yes it is about that.

I have about 3pcs Novo 8 for sale in my store if anyone wants them. I will not be selling them after I sell these three. They are extremely cheap. Possibly the cheapest Novo 8s in the whole world. I haven't done a lot of searching around but I have them for 189.99 right now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.