Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just received my Novo 8 and also new to android so these might be dumb questions.

I am having trouble getting my Vista laptop to recognise the Novo 8 via a usb cable. Tried joining the two with the tablet on and no joy. Then tried with the tablet off and for some reason the tablet started up as if it was kickstarted via the usb cable. But....once booted up, the tablet was not being charged via the usb. No idea what is going on there.

Plugging in the tablet when off and it being booted from the usb, the laptop did recognise it as a mass storage device momentarily but then did not see it again.

I'd really like to transfer some files to the 32gb sd card in the tablet and would rather not keep taking the card out to do so.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

PC

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi
This tablet cannot be charged by the USB cable. The voltage requirement is higher than USB can provide.

Re USB connectivity in Vista, in my experience with other tablets and Vista, it's more likely the PC operating system that your tablet. Have you an XP or Windows PC to hand? You could also try a different USB cable.

You are using the supplied USB to MiniUsb cable presumably? What version Android are you running?

With the tablet on and loaded into Android, when you plug in, does the small universal USB symbol appear anywhere, or the words USB connected, even momentarily? If so, pull the notification bar down and if it is there, select it and enable the usb connection via the onscreen connect option.

cheers

Dan
Hi all,

Just received my Novo 8 and also new to android so these might be dumb questions.

I am having trouble getting my Vista laptop to recognise the Novo 8 via a usb cable. Tried joining the two with the tablet on and no joy. Then tried with the tablet off and for some reason the tablet started up as if it was kickstarted via the usb cable. But....once booted up, the tablet was not being charged via the usb. No idea what is going on there.

Plugging in the tablet when off and it being booted from the usb, the laptop did recognise it as a mass storage device momentarily but then did not see it again.

I'd really like to transfer some files to the 32gb sd card in the tablet and would rather not keep taking the card out to do so.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

PC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts