Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any stock or custom firmware updates for this device?

The stock version is from April, and the Owl Update function simply says "Server Too Busy" when you try to update.

There are a lot of bugs in the stock firmware, and it would be nice for an update.....

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
there's a new rom available for the Dream.

2013-10-17 - Official Firmware 4.2.2 for Ainol Novo8 Dream / Fantasy

·
Registered
13 Posts
where is the link ????????
+1

Where is the link ??

Also, can someone tell me which ROM is newer from the two listed below ?

I found this from the official Ainol site. Its 20130408.rar
Then there's this from Slatedroid forum topic Ainol Actions 7029 ROM which is listed as atm7029_AINOL_NOVO805_V20_130424NJ.rar

Which is newer ? I'm guessing the October ROM mentioned above would be better, but I can't find any trace of it.

If anyone knows of a custom ROM, that would be appreciated also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New ROMs posted !!! Check here
I'm testing this rom and I honestly i go back to the previous one although still 4.1, because it lags too much and the wireless connection has big problems of transfer packages freeze the device ... For me it is too bad, i wait an official rom updated or custom rom, cyanogen maybe...

Hola

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm testing this rom and I honestly i go back to the previous one although still 4.1, because it lags too much and the wireless connection has big problems of transfer packages freeze the device ... For me it is too bad, i wait an official rom updated or custom rom, cyanogen maybe...

Hola
Hi i also updated to 4.2 and it was all lagy, but then i tried this:

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/86681-tutorial-how-to-a-make-atm7029-quad-core-arm-cpu-devices-more-faster-and-stable/

Its almost a new tablet, pretty fast, stable and battery life augmented! :drinks:

Saludos

1 - 13 of 13 Posts