Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
After installing 705 roms, started to have crazy battery problem even after wiping battery stats. It will stay at 100 for a long time then slowly go down to around sixty something...Then...suddenly drop to 5%. Anyone else having this problem or have a solution? I have already done battery calibrations and erased battery stats a few times, but the problem persists.

Offical link here http://bbs.ainol.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=19089&extra=page%3D1

Step 1. your tablet must be rooted.

Step 2. get any Terminal command line apps from google play

Step 3. in the Terminal apps type "su"(without quote) and [Enter] change user to root, then type the following command :

echo B8 > /sys/devices/i2c-2/2-0034/axp20_reg

Press [Enter]

echo B820 > /sys/devices/i2c-2/2-0034/axp20_reg

Press [Enter]

Step 4. at this time you can reboot your tablet and the battery will run down to 5%, then you can try to full charge your tablet to see the problem is fixed or not.

-------------------------
ONLY do the following Step 5 to 6 if you still got battery stuck after Step 1 to 4

Step 5. if the problem still exist, then open the Terminal apps again and type the following command :

echo 08 > /sys/devices/i2c-2/2-0034/axp20_reg

Press [Enter]

echo 0800 > /sys/devices/i2c-2/2-0034/axp20_reg

Press [Enter]

Step 6. reboot to take effect.

PS .

1. let your battery nearly completely discharge (for example watch some movie or play games to run out the battery), it may help to more accurate the battery percentage

2. this method are reset PMU and the softare accurate parameter, the battery will go down to 5% after reboot , no need to worry, charge up the battery to 100% is ok.

3. Aurora 2 and Elf 2 can use this method to fix the battery problem, it seem Fire and Mars can use this method too, but the path maybe different.

4. Some users in Ainol foumr say that this method works, but I haven't try it yet, because I used the flash rom method to fixed my 100% battery problem.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i get this right after installing rom 0705. My battery was more than 50% when I upgraded to 0705. After update done, it shows 5%. However, at 5%, I can still run youtube video for 2 hours without problem. So that 5% is showing wrong. Anyway, I have since charged my unit up to 100% and now it's down to 65%. Will test it further to see if it suddenly drops to 5%.

If this happens to you guys, try complete drain the battery. Let it run until it shutdown by itself. Then charge it with power adapter up to 100%. See if this solve the problem.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hmmm, mine has started doing this after moving to 0705 & Johim root.
It seemed to begin after using Battery HD calibration, but it could be unrelated.
It didn't happen before.

I've tried letting the battery discharge & then charge to 100% & calibrate but it's still messing about showing 100% for ages & then nose-diving to empty.
I also tried a couple of other battery apps but it didn't make any difference.

I'm on 0705 with Johim.
A little software fault?

Any new ideas on this one?
It's more irritating than a big fault as the charge still lasts as long it's just the indicator that isn't working properly.
On mine at least.

·
Registered
46 Posts
At least the V7 full screen patch can be ruled out as a cause of this problem. Stock 0705 without Play store is nearly useless for me so I can't test if Johim is the problem.

I have also determined that it is not a "fast drain during sleep" issue. It just won't wake from sleep. After I force restart it tends to show a reasonable amount of remaining juice.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Since I calibrated the battery mine has been fine. I charge to 100%, left the charger plugged in, ran the app, pressed the calibrate button, then unplugged the charger and let the battery fully discharge. The I charged it back up to 100%. Been fine since.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've tried to calibrate with Battery HD, it seemed to do it ok once but the indicator still wasn't working properly.
Since trying a reinstall it won't finish calibration and keeps telling me it's only partially done.
If I try to get it to start again & finish properly then it goes back to telling me calibration was not completed.....even when I have watched the calibration finish (turned sleep off).

Strange one.

I thought it wouldn't let you roll back from 0705?
Isn't there a post about this on the board?
I used this app Battery Calibration

·
Registered
130 Posts
I thought it wouldn't let you roll back from 0705?
Isn't there a post about this on the board?
I had no issue rolling back.

Seem to have had a bit of a breakthrough after a suggestion from someone on here. De-selected sync accounts and left wifi turned on all day while i was at work (10 hours or so) Battery was on 66% when I left and 36% when I came home, but importantly i had no issue with waking it up, and the constant clicking has stopped too!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
It seems to be a 0705 issue ..... rooting was the same across all firmwares and i also tried it without root .. still happens. And today i got this strange 100% battery bug that i have never experianced before.

Lets hope a new rom will fix it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i am using aggro-C 0705. Started to have this "stuck at 100%" problem. Most probably this is due to firmware 0705. It doesn't bother me as much as ghost touch issue which I am having in older firmware. Will stick to this for now until some fix is released.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had no issue rolling back.

Seem to have had a bit of a breakthrough after a suggestion from someone on here. De-selected sync accounts and left wifi turned on all day while i was at work (10 hours or so) Battery was on 66% when I left and 36% when I came home, but importantly i had no issue with waking it up, and the constant clicking has stopped too!!!
spoke too soon. Clicking woke me up during the night. Removed and app called "wifi overview 360" and it seems to have stopped. I think there's a lot of conflicts between apps and system controls

·
Registered
13 Posts
Having same issue - also on aggro. It started working properly (the bat meter) then got to 35% the resumed 100% and then turned off due to no bat left, upon plugging into ac it stated that had 99% and hasn't moved in 10min of charging. Stange thing is that it only happened 1st time today after 1.5 wks on 0705 rom. Are there ota updates that we don't know of, or is it a integration issue with apps, as would have expected it straight away from rom load.

·
Registered
124 Posts
More info in my case: mine started doing that recently. I was on official 0705 with just root and gapps package.

It was fine untill recently and then my batt status stays at 100% all the time. When the charger is plugged it changes to 99% and thats it.

I tried any other ROM available- 0727 too, official 0705, the battery calibration and still this doesnt fix. it sems that it might be firmware related.

·
Registered
93 Posts
More info in my case: mine started doing that recently. I was on official 0705 with just root and gapps package.

It was fine untill recently and then my batt status stays at 100% all the time. When the charger is plugged it changes to 99% and thats it.

I tried any other ROM available- 0727 too, official 0705, the battery calibration and still this doesnt fix. it sems that it might be firmware related.
I Have this issue too...
I use 0705 just root + gapps from official 0626 and fullscreen patch v7
Now i just try to install 0727 newuser2012, but still no luck....
try using batery calibration too with 0705 and 0727, but i have no luck either....

Now i try to revert back to 0626....
using official 0626, i got error when install it... huff....

1 - 20 of 306 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.