Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I have a hardware problem with one of the rocker button the right one I want to try to repair myself (is it a good idea?)It is a metal shell version red led original batch 2 version (i hope)Someone can give me some advice please

·
Registered
254 Posts
Over at HiApad, there's a video posted on how to disassemble the metal back aPad. Seems much easier than the plastic back pads, as the screen isn't fixed with screws. IIRC, you just pull the screen off with the help of a strong suction cup.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but when it is open will it be simple And possible to repaif the faulty button ?Sent from my aPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
Anything is easy if you have the right equipment and skill. I guess it depends on whether the switch is faulty or has a bad connection and if you can use a soldering iron.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a soldering iron And i usualy use this for soldering audio cable, but, i never solder very small composant. I think i'll do the reparation, but before i must find pictures showing how to do that, the video are good but not always presice.Sent from my aPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Apad iRobot M Disassembly ? HiApadAs you will see it's held in by spring clips so is pretty easy. Nothing to undo. you'll find the switches for the buttons will be micro switches soldered to the mainboard.hopefully it'll just be a dry/broken solder joint or mis alignment of the plastic button.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok i have take my courage and voil? boom it's open (so easy) i take off the faulty switch (not really difficult because didn't was good solder) But the problem is that i can't solder because my iron solder is to powerfull and the pen is to big i'm affraid to destroy all :-((

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice res on those photos. I don't know what you are going to be able to do other than find an iron with a smaller tip or someone with better soldering skills. I'd have the same problem if it were mine but luckily have several friends with the skills.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Viper those pictures were token with a cheap Olympus U 1010 ( but with a wondefull super macro feature without flash so don't move)I already have a friend who's coming this week-end (time for a BBQ ;-))Cheers and thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
pomme-accro;35976 said:
Ok i have take my courage and voil? boom it's open (so easy) i take off the faulty switch (not really difficult because didn't was good solder) But the problem is that i can't solder because my iron solder is to powerfull and the pen is to big i'm affraid to destroy all :-((
I have much the same problem with the power socket, I want to change it for a slightly bigger/better one but even my pretty small iron is too unwieldy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello Langong, sorry for late reply i used a gps suction fixation you know the one you fix on the window of your car ;-)Good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts