Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Hey all, Day 1 of testing out my metallic aPad and I've run into peculiar problem and am wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing. I have the Advance App Killer App/Widget installed and I usually like to kill off the applications I've just used to free up memory. I realized however that once I do that the video player, photo browser have the "No Videos!" and "No photos" errors respectively. When I try to use the audio player it tries to scan for my SD card but it takes a long time and when I exit the background text writes "An error occurred reading your SD card" So what I do next is to unmount my SD card and plug it back in again. But when I do, only certain files are visible. Like there are 10 mp4 videos in my card but only one shows up or there are 25 images in a folder but only 4 show up. I was wondering if my task killing has inadvertently killed certain processes that need to carry out the reading of the SD card or utilize the rockchip processor. A point to note is that there are sample videos on the device and I've not deleted them but like I said, when I try to run the video player nothing shows up.Update: Ok, just took out my microSD card and plugged it into the computer to find that the reason why my photos and videos have not been appearing is cause they've been deleted! How on earth did that happen?! Btw, I'm using a 8GB microSDHC Kingston Card.

· Registered
40 Posts
I have the same problem, as stated here.Since i stopped using a task killer, as it is usually not necessary (see here & here), i have seen the "no media" less times, but still keeps deleting my pictures.I really don't know whats going on there exactly, but it is not a faulty sd card - i've tried several ones, and all work fine otherwise, except on the pad.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wow, that's pretty weird.What aPad do you have and wheredidja get it from?

· Registered
40 Posts
[quote name='benedict_x;18713]Oh wow' date=' that's pretty weird.What aPad do you have and wheredidja get it from?[/QUOTE']From Merimobile and from Androidostablet.Another point in this case: i also marked my media files read only, and this didn't change anything - they are still being deleted. So it might be anything hapening on a deeper level of the filesystem. But i am really no expert in this stuff.

· Registered
198 Posts
If you reboot the device the files are still there, so I don't think this is a file deletion, just a problem with the mapping of the drive.

· Registered
40 Posts
[quote name='juched;18927]If you reboot the device the files are still there' date=' so I don't think this is a file deletion, just a problem with the mapping of the drive.[/QUOTE']Rebooting does not affect mine, they are still vanished and i can't see/use them - neither with a connected pc nor within the pad. More worse, it keeps going on with deleting more & more media files. For now i refresh them from the backup files i keep on a hdd.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I rebooted the device previously but the files remained deleted. Also, while charging the aPad I took out the microSD card to checkon my Windows machine, the files weren't there.

· Registered
40 Posts
As stated before, this is not a hardware issue. people have doubledouble checked their sdcards.I found out, that it isn't even connected to the aPad, it seems to be an issue with the Android system in general (the mediascanner library), see the thread about that behaviour in the google code forums.Even my Hero running Android 2.1 have this, and it really makes me wonder about the usability of the Android system in general, thats so weird that this issue wasn't fixed asap.So anyone does have any idea how to add this so called fix?Change I5bb64bdf: Fixing media scanner inappropriate removal of media files.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.