Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've tested many different versions from the latest 10.3 to 10.2 making sure to uninstall first, etc., but all flash content is extremely choppy. I've tried the popular browsers as well as the stock browser and they've all had the same issue, is anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes , I've experienced the same using v10.3. I believe it's the limitations of the 800mhz processor.

A flyer came with the Nova saying Adobe Flash for the Nova will be released Oct 2011, maybe they're
making some software/firmware enhancement ( i.e flash lite )?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The processor is no slouch despite being one of the more rare single core Cortex A9 variants, problem is all types of flash content from ads to videos suffer from the same stuttering, even small advertisements that the proccessor can definitely handle.

I'm leaning more towards the Nova being completely unoptimized for Flash Player, I had better performance than this with my original Droid and that's not saying much. The flyer does worry me, they apparently knew Flash 10.x ran poorly and in attempts to quell buyers added the flyer, if the solution they're working on is indeed Flash Lite I can tell you there are going to be a lot of disappointed folks out there.

Another thing I find odd is the reports of Flash Player working decently for people in the Planet forum, especially when the Nova is close to unusable for flash content due to the lag.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The processor is no slouch despite being one of the more rare single core Cortex A9 variants, problem is all types of flash content from ads to videos suffer from the same stuttering, even small advertisements that the proccessor can definitely handle.

I'm leaning more towards the Nova being completely unoptimized for Flash Player, I had better performance than this with my original Droid and that's not saying much. The flyer does worry me, they apparently knew Flash 10.x ran poorly and in attempts to quell buyers added the flyer, if the solution they're working on is indeed Flash Lite I can tell you there are going to be a lot of disappointed folks out there.

Another thing I find odd is the reports of Flash Player working decently for people in the Planet forum, especially when the Nova is close to unusable for flash content due to the lag.
The Planet also has problems with some flash contents. I've always assumed that it was the low amount of available memory that's limiting flash, but I see that's not the case since Nova with its 512mb of ram is also having difficulties. The Pandigital rep also mentioned that a new rom with flash support will be out for the Planet soon, so maybe they are trying to optimize the flash to the AMLogic based Planet and Nova.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was able to successfully download adobe flash player 11 straight from the market, I have tested some videos, and the adobe test page, no games as of yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts