Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have been reading many of the posts here and really have learned so much from you guys. Thanks. Here's a question I haven't found an answer to: How to add fonts(foreign language) to PDN so that I can read e-books (PDF) in another language. I know there's a member here who posted about adding Thai font to his PDN but can't seem to find the thread now. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
125 Posts
nycrare;25958 said:
Hi everyone. I have been reading many of the posts here and really have learned so much from you guys. Thanks. Here's a question I haven't found an answer to: How to add fonts(foreign language) to PDN so that I can read e-books (PDF) in another language. I know there's a member here who posted about adding Thai font to his PDN but can't seem to find the thread now. Thanks in advance for your help.
Connect your PDN to PC and using adb do following:adb push <yourfonts.ttf> /data/localadb shell#su#mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system# cd system/fonts# cat /data/local/yourfonts.ttf > yourfonts.ttf#sync#reboot

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Yes, the PDN must be rooted to install the fonts. You don't need to go into the shell to do it. Just put the fonts in the same directory as adb and do the following.Run ADB in a command prompt and do the following.adb remountadb push name-of-font.ttf /system/fontsdo the above line one time for each font type (for Thai I pushed six fonts to the system), thenadb reboot

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I was able to install some fonts onto my PDN, I think. But my foreign language pdf books are still shown as random symbols in Adobe E-reader.They are all fine on my computer. Did I do something wrong? Or is installing fonts in another language will only let website content shown in their correct format, but not for E-readers? I know there are plenty geniuses here and I need your help. Also, how can I see those fonts i installed? I know I have rooted PDN. But I never got to the superuser stage.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
[quote name='nycrare;27590]Thanks. I was able to install some fonts onto my PDN' date=' I think. But my foreign language pdf books are still shown as random symbols in Adobe E-reader.They are all fine on my computer. Did I do something wrong? Or is installing fonts in another language will only let website content shown in their correct format, but not for E-readers? I know there are plenty geniuses here and I need your help. Also, how can I see those fonts i installed? I know I have rooted PDN. But I never got to the superuser stage.[/QUOTE'] If the PDN is rooted you are automatically a superuser when you use adb, as adb is running in root mode. I think the eReaders use their own fonts. That might be a harder task getting fonts changed for those. The droid is easy as it only as a standard serif and sans-serif font set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.