Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Read too many warning about lithium batteries exploding. I would not recommend adding internal batteries, but yes in parrallel you would add available amperage without affecting voltage. External battery packs like RC car 7.2 or an 8.4 volt back NiMH would get you the best price/weight and you can get a good fast charger. OR make a AA NiMH battery pack and get 2 extra hours.Six AA 2500mah (7.2v)Radio Shack battery packWire and adapter (same plug size as PSP and most PDA)and create your own low cost.To charge the internal battery you need 9v, but to run the Eken you only need 6v. A 6V battery will start and work, but voltage drop will cause the Eken to shut down once it drops below 5.8v. I haven't tried a 12v power supply, but I think it could work without frying the Eken and blowing up the battery, let me know if anyone is running 12v to charge Eken.I leave my Eken M003 on the charger always, it doesn't get hot. You can also use Alkaline batteries, 6 x 1.5v = 9v so you'd charge and operate system. That is not a cost effective method.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.