Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
From the illustration in CircuitDB (http://www.circuitdb.com/articles/17/5, bottom), I was able to locate the battery:LP455590P5H : 3.7v 2300mAh Lithium Polymer cell. Standard Discharge. w/ E-Z solder tabs.so a 2-unit set (like the one in the M003), would run about $40.I've read here in the forum that the case has room to add this battery set, but I'm unsure how to wire it in. Given the 7.6v output, the 3.7v batteries must be in series, so I imagine the second pack would be wired in parallel.Any instructions?TIA

·
Registered
187 Posts
Read too many warning about lithium batteries exploding. I would not recommend adding internal batteries, but yes in parrallel you would add available amperage without affecting voltage. External battery packs like RC car 7.2 or an 8.4 volt back NiMH would get you the best price/weight and you can get a good fast charger. OR make a AA NiMH battery pack and get 2 extra hours.Six AA 2500mah (7.2v)Radio Shack battery packWire and adapter (same plug size as PSP and most PDA)and create your own low cost.To charge the internal battery you need 9v, but to run the Eken you only need 6v. A 6V battery will start and work, but voltage drop will cause the Eken to shut down once it drops below 5.8v. I haven't tried a 12v power supply, but I think it could work without frying the Eken and blowing up the battery, let me know if anyone is running 12v to charge Eken.I leave my Eken M003 on the charger always, it doesn't get hot. You can also use Alkaline batteries, 6 x 1.5v = 9v so you'd charge and operate system. That is not a cost effective method.

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
A 7.4 V 6000 mAh LIPO battery pack for RC Model Cars is the one which would bring you 10 h worktime! But that pack needs to connect external. There 3.7 V 3000 mAh Lipo cells available which would fit in the M003, 2 x 3.7 V = 7.4 V 3000 mAh! But that batteries would need a special LIPO charger. The one I use has cost app. 30 US$ 3 years agao. The cost for similar today is 40 US$(in Thailand!)! Those LIPO charger are powered by DC 12 V power supply, I use DC 12 v 2 A for that. While using that charger, my use time for the M003 is gone up to 4 h instead of app. 2.5 h with the original Eken Charger! So, I'm not in the hurry for to change the internal LIPO's yet.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've not looked at the inside volume of a M003 but have done an upgrade on my ZT-180from 2000mAh to 4700mAh about two weeks ago and with backlighting reduced to about 30 percent (still very watchable), I'm getting over 8.5 hrs of movie viewing run time. for more info go over to the ZT-180 forum, thread "Upgrading the battery? Cheap and easy?", and look at my posts. Be aware that the batteries I used are only available in the U.S. but I did post a link to the manufacturer in Taiwan for those outside the states. Please read the whole thread, Li-Po batteries are dangerous if you mishandle them, so take the time to read the info I posted. Hope this works for the owners of a M003Li-Po Lithium Polymer Battery 3.7V 3500mAh GPS SAT NAV - eBay (item 300426638084 end time Oct-08-10 03:48:35 PDT)Here is a possible option for those outside the U.S. although it's only 3500mAh and you need two with one power protection circuit for the hookup.P.S. Yes, the case does close without any mods......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.