Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last few days I've been able to use adb. But today I can't. When I do a adb devices the List of Devices is blank. I checked in the Device Manager and the Computer sees the Android Phone and under that is shows Android ADB Interface. Everything looks good.I rebooted the PC and devices. Still no go.hmmm, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
With the PDN we had issues with the device morphing device Ids. You may be having that problem, and need to change the id in the driver. Is there a triangle exclamation point associated with the driver? Did you try adb remount? Was the device on? Did you try deleting the USB drivers and letting them reinstall?

·
Registered
5 Posts
[quote name='mbroderick;30066]For the last few days I've been able to use adb. But today I can't. When I do a [I]adb devices[/I] the [I]List of Devices[/I] is blank. I checked in the Device Manager and the Computer sees the [I]Android Phone[/I] and under that is shows [I]Android ADB Interface[/I]. Everything looks good.I rebooted the PC and devices. Still no go.hmmm' date=' any ideas?[/QUOTE']On my setup, with my computers operating system being Linux, I have to issue the ADB commands of "kill-server" and "start-server" as ROOT occasionally (I have not changed my PATH statements to reflect were my Anddroid SDK Tools folder is, so I have to run the commands as follows out of that folder directly):sudo ./adb kill-serversudo ./adb start-serverWhen it first happened with me several days ago, I was at a loss, and most commands were either coming back "insufficient permissions" and device queries were blank id's or otherwise screwed up.ADB must be currently running a daemon not as root when this happens??? Anyways, this is how I keep ADB running/accessing devices correctly. If you perform the Market Fix, you probably are bothered by this the most, since you are having to ADB to the device every time it is rebooted to change Market's cache settings. If not, do keep this in mind if/when you tinker with Market.If you have tinkered with the emulator any, you'll notice this Gentouch is really a piece of crap work ;-)Worth it's cost?...Not quite. A good tinker toy?...You bet!Going to get sued?...Who knows, this whole experience for many over the past week to week and one half has left countless sour tastes in too many peoples mouths at a time when they thought only AT&T and Apple could have such a fiasco! You do have to wonder if this is the new model for business though. I am still trying to figure out how many people have run into major problems with their Google Accounts after returning this defective piece of work to K-mart, many not realizing their account information is still there ready to be accessed or used at any time.Regards, thomasrelee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts