Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
I am by far means no expert in this. Some of the more common commands in adb are push, pull, shell, install, remount, and logcat.

Push sends a file from your desktop computer to your Android device: adb push test.txt /sdcard/test.txt

Pull pulls a file from your Android device to your desktop computer: adb pull /sdcard/test.txt test.txt

Shell lets you run an interactive shell (command prompt) on the Android device: adb shell

Install lets you install an android APK file to your Android device: adb install myapp.apk

Remount remounts the /system partition as writable (or readonly if it is already writeable): adb remount

Logcat lets you view the devices debug logs in real time (must press control+c to exit): adb logcat

ADB Wiki

Reactions: mrsburnout

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've found connect can be used for a wireless lan connection on my M001 since adb won't see it on the usb connection like it does with my PDN.syntax: adb connect <ipaddress>:5555 (with <ipaddress> being the local ip of the M001)example: adb connect 192.168.0.87:5555

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice tip, for allkeep that info coming

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, better then the ADB Wiki with 81 thousand hits . because that where I got this from and provided the Wiki ADB link.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Lol.adb devices ---a good starter command. Starts up the ADB daemon and lets you know that there is a device attached.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I can adb into any adroind device that has its wireless on with that command? Say like in a coffee house full of droids? and pull their market ID, call log, contacts, browser history, etc. If true that is some scary sh#$%# right there! Gonna try some experiments...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not to encourage it... but if you knew the ip device of the target device, possibly you could determine it by trial & error based on whatever ip addy the dhcp server assigned yours... and if the device has adb enabled... and if usb debugging is "on" on the target, you might be able to do a pull on the accounts.db... and if you got lucky and connected to a rooted device, you'd probably trigger a "allow access?" on the user's screen when you tried to su... (not that you'd do THAT ;) )Not sure the wireless connect works on all devices, it does work on the M001, doesn't seem to on the PDN though, I can only access PDN through the usb connection.

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Mike;29358 said:
Would be good if this could get added to the Wiki too.
Under Useful articles ADB 101Or a How To Use ADBMaybe both, 101 covers install on PC basic commands in generalwhile How to's are specific guide to accomplish task. e.g. Root you device,get android ID for market, Install an apk, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts