Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Greetings:

CXZ, I am sorry: I read the Help guide and I located the USB DRV_4 file and tried to install it. I went through all three of the options under it. I have USB debugging on. I can see the tablet under the PAD Product Tool, but NOT under the Firmware Modify Tool. I cannot get the Clone button to turn on. I am trying with an Ainol 8 Discovery.

What am I missing? Can you detail what you did to be able to use the clone function? Please excuse the bother, but I have to install the same ROM on 20 different tablets and this would help me immensely. Yes, I tried using TWRP, but you need to have the same serial number on the folder containing your Restore files as the tablet has. It is just too complicated. And there is no Clockwork Mod for the Discovery yet, so, this tool would solve it for me.

Thank you in advance.

· Registered
3 Posts
Have you opened the fw file first? (sorry have to ask, any fw file should be ok)

Doesn't the CWM work in Discovery. To my knowledge it should work.
Download: http://yadi.sk/d/69a4RYGz6ztFs
Greetings,CXZ, and thank you for the prompt reply. Yes, I did open an FW file with the tablet plugged in to the PC and USB debugging turned on. I had the FW file data visible, the tablet plugged in, USB debugging on and the clone button still unlit.

Please do not apologize, ask anything, however obvious, I well know how any nonsensical detail can get missed and spoil everything.

Did you install any drivers on your PC? Any separate drivers, different somehow? For the ADB bit?

The CWM File you were kind enough to link works perfectly. I am making a Backup as we speak and will restore it unto the other tablets.

Thank you for it, indeed.

However, the matter remains of successfully cloning a tablet using the software you found for us. I hope you can give us a hand with this. A guide detailing how you did it or similar. I do not know if it has to do with installing different USB drivers for the ADB connection. Did you do that?

Also, I just noticed that you are the author of this fantastic CWM version you provided me with. Thank you for solving my immediate problem and giving me a good morning after a terrible day yesterday dealing with this.

Do let me know if I can donate, please.

Thank you again.

· Registered
3 Posts
I have donated to Christian Troy in the past. He is awesome. I am sure you received my PMs. I am all for continuing on this. If we can give a detailed cloning guide, I think it will be very useful.

I say "we" but you are doing most everything!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.