Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run Slackware 64bit on my desktop system at home. I am unable to get adb to run on this system. I get a program not found error. I have the Java JDK installed, along with the Android SDK. I have no problems on this 32bit laptop. My research has turned up nothing that helps. I thought someone here may have a suggestion.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Googling should turn up a whole bunch of hits and IIRC Google has instructions for installing on the android SDK site...short of it was for Ubuntu 10.04 x86-64 I had to lsusb, pick out the device and add it to /etc/udev/rules.d/90-android.rule
Code:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1d6b", MODE="0666"
I had about 3 or 4 Augen entries listed under USB IIRC...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have adb working on 64 bit Fedora and ubuntu systems. To get it up and running as a non-root user, I had to add some udev entries to set the right permissions on the device. Here is the contents of my /etc/udev/rules.d/11-android.rules file (substitute yourusernamehere for your user name):SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0c01", MODE="0666", OWNER="yourusernamehere"SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0c02", MODE="0666", OWNER="yourusernamehere"SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="deed", MODE="0666", OWNER="yourusernamehere"SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="dddd", MODE="0666", OWNER="yourusernamehere"SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="d00d", MODE="0666", OWNER="yourusernamehere"I just went through the inf file available from augen and added entries for all the ids found in their driver, so you may not need all of these.After you have the device properly setup, you should be able to run "adb usb" from your sdk as your user and it will start up the adb service and then all the adb commands will work as expected.

·
Registered
576 Posts
heh... didn't even think of looking in the .inf for the IDs since I found other instructions online beforehand.With mine, I just tried them one-by-one until adb worked w/o complaints and since all the hacks to date worked, I assume that I only needed that one ID... oddly enough I see that you're adding idProduct as well, whereas I'm not...

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK, maybe I was not clear. I have this working on 32bit Ubuntu 10.04. I know about the id and udev setup. I have that setup on the 64bit Slackware. When I type adb start-server, I get a "bash: command not found" (or something like that) error. This error happens with every adb command. So, it is not that adb is complaining about not finding the device. It is that adb will not even start.With a little more research, it seems maybe the problem is tied to missing 32bit libs?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am at work right now but after class, when I get home I will make certain the 32 bit libs are installed. I think this is my problem. I have the path set correctly. The only error I get is the command not found.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.