Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Abtekk's C-ROM

What will be different with this ROM?
The aim of this ROM is to have everything useless removed and stability increased. I plan on having great performance.

What base are you using?
I am using the latest Froyo update (0907)

Apps Removed: (as of V1)
Twitter.apk
CarHomeGoogle.apk
CarHomeLauncher.apk
google_googlefyzcx.apk
Maps.apk
kickback.apk
HD_Wallpapers.apk
Quickoffice.apk
Youtube.apk
Protips.apk
QuickSearchBox.apk
OfficeSuite_Full_2.0_267.apk
Messenger.apk
PicoTTS.apk
ttsServics.apk
needforspeed13.apk
skype2.1.apk
Angry_Birds_v1.5.3.apk
iRunner.apk
ColorNote.apk
Launcher.apk

Apps added: (as of V1)
91PandaHome2.apk

Don't expect much to have changed between the stock ROM and V1...
V1.5 and V2 will have greater improvements over the stock ROM.

V1 released! Download Below!
Modifications:
- Unneeded apps removed
Download:
http://www.multiupload.com/FDWRVTW2BT

Request a feature:
Want to see a feature in this ROM? Such as preinstalled apps/improvements? Post below and I'll try my best.

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
LOL, you made a custom ROM the same day you got your tablet....

I know for the ZT-180's v1 it was really neccessary to remove the bloatware/unneeded apps just so the tablet would run smoother, but do you really think it's neccessary for the C91? I've been using the stock ROM for a few days now and haven't had any troubles (as of yet, knock on wood). A lot of the apps you removed I usually use, so I probably won't be trying this custom ROM, athough many of those apps I had to update from the market.

Well anyways, I'm sure other people will be happy that there is a custom ROM for the C91....

Good luck with this project!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Abtekk's C-ROM

What will be different with this ROM?
The aim of this ROM is to have everything useless removed and stability increased. I plan on having great performance.

What base are you using?
I am using the latest Froyo update (0907)

Apps Removed: (as of V1)
Twitter.apk
CarHomeGoogle.apk
CarHomeLauncher.apk
google_googlefyzcx.apk
Maps.apk
kickback.apk
HD_Wallpapers.apk
Quickoffice.apk
Youtube.apk
Protips.apk
QuickSearchBox.apk
OfficeSuite_Full_2.0_267.apk
Messenger.apk
PicoTTS.apk
ttsServics.apk
needforspeed13.apk
skype2.1.apk
Angry_Birds_v1.5.3.apk
iRunner.apk
ColorNote.apk
Launcher.apk

Apps added: (as of V1)
91PandaHome2.apk

Don't expect much to have changed between the stock ROM and V1...
V1.5 and V2 will have greater improvements over the stock ROM.

V1 released! Download Below!
Modifications:
- Unneeded apps removed
Download:
http://www.multiupload.com/FDWRVTW2BT

Request a feature:
Want to see a feature in this ROM? Such as preinstalled apps/improvements? Post below and I'll try my best.
Can you give me some hints on how to make a custom ROM? Removing some apps, add other launchers, changing icons, that kind of thing

I am thinking of developing one myself

Thanks for your work!

·
6,629 Posts
Well just for removing/adding apps, you can use a program like 7zip to change the contents of the *.zt280.tar.bz files....

·
Registered
490 Posts
how about the launcher? you removed the factory launcher.
if i remove it and put some other launcher there, will it boot properly?

·
6,629 Posts
how about the launcher? you removed the factory launcher.
if i remove it and put some other launcher there, will it boot properly?
I think that's what abtekk did, replacing the launcher in the system.patch.zt280.tar.bz file. I haven't flashed a ROM onto the tablet yet, and I am not planning on trying this custom ROM, so I am not sure. Sorry.....

·
Registered
301 Posts
LOL, you made a custom ROM the same day you got your tablet....

I know for the ZT-180's v1 it was really neccessary to remove the bloatware/unneeded apps just so the tablet would run smoother, but do you really think it's neccessary for the C91? I've been using the stock ROM for a few days now and haven't had any troubles (as of yet, knock on wood). A lot of the apps you removed I usually use, so I probably won't be trying this custom ROM, athough many of those apps I had to update from the market.

Well anyways, I'm sure other people will be happy that there is a custom ROM for the C91....

Good luck with this project!
Yeah you are right, it's pointless, then feel free to remove this thread.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think i'll make my own custom rom. Won't be able to test it but I'll leave that with you guys!

·
Registered
615 Posts
91PandaHome2.apk is a luncher?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello,
thank you for this rom !!
I installed tha last 2.3 rom and I notices a decrease in the performance of the tablete and several bugs !!
and I want to go back to 2.2.
I will test yours

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, I am trying to update my firmware but I have no clue what I am doing with this Android. I am new at this. Is there a detailed forum for this. I have been searching all day and I can't find a forum. I do the SD Card thing, I make the Folder ZT-Update. I boot with camera key. Nothing... I do not know what I am doing wrong. I just would like some help. I need a blow by blow. I don't understand when people say ROM and Flashing. It would help if I knew what that was. Anything to help, plz. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I am trying to update my firmware but I have no clue what I am doing with this Android. I am new at this. Is there a detailed forum for this. I have been searching all day and I can't find a forum. I do the SD Card thing, I make the Folder ZT-Update. I boot with camera key. Nothing... I do not know what I am doing wrong. I just would like some help. I need a blow by blow. I don't understand when people say ROM and Flashing. It would help if I knew what that was. Anything to help, plz. Thank you!
i had the same problem.If you format the sdcard to fat32 and only put the zt-update folder in it,then use the camera and power keys it worked. good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts