Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,284 Posts
I have both (the Gentouch is going back, not the PDN). Frist off, try to price match with the Walgreens ad, when you buy - YMMV, but you might be able to get another $17 or so off and drop the price down to ~$107 after everything (coupons, PM and rebate)I agree that the Augen just feels cheap, and has some design flaws. The PDN, in comparison, is heavier but also feels more solid. Imo, the PDN touch screen is better, but again don't expect that much from a resistive screen. And battery life on the PDN is also much better, going on my experience.The cons versus the Gentouch are video playback (somewhat choppy on the PDN, depending on the file) and the WiFi issues when coming back from sleep mode.

· Registered
3,284 Posts
For MP4 encoded videos, the best I've found is mVideoPlayer. The PDN default video player actually does fairly well on widescreen videos (16:9 or 2:35) since they use less screen real estate, but it chokes on 4:3 videos as it takes up more screen space. mVideoPlayer is better with 4:3, but still not 100% smooth.I keep wondering where the problem lies - I'm thinking it's not at the app level but at either the Android OS level or possibly the kernel level. I've tried fudging around with things like the OpenGL drivers, but so far nothing I've done has worked. Not a deal breaker for me, but it would be nice to get smooth 4:3 playback like the Gentouch has.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.