Android Tablets Forum banner
201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
XxOmarxX, can you upload the kernel in mediafire or other server? I cant download from this forum and i want test it.

Sorry but i cant help you about boot.img

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi everyone,

Had a good read through and decided to upate my newly acquired Hannspad. Using the idiots guide, but the downloads it refers to seem to be older versions, and the link on page one of this thread appears to be dead. What is the latest release of ab_kernel I should use ?

Many thanks

Graeme

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've made a kernel with host mode always on. I haven't got a OTG adaptor so i cannot test this out.
REMEMBER HOST MODE IS ALWAYS ON SO THERE IS NO SLAVE MODE.
This kernel is just to test if our device hardware can accept input from usb devices.

ab_kernelv4Release-2-32-44-fb-hostmodeonly

On another note, WIFI LED and other functions work much better in NON-HONEYCOMB ROMS e.g. the CM7 ROM. I would advise using this rom with this kernel.
HC roms still have severe stability issues, since they are designed for kernel version 2.6.36+.
This kernel is 2.6.32 and has different commands that the OS uses to control functions and get or set variables in the kernel.

AB
Did you find a way to enable usb powering ?
I mean, the Hannspas power the usb stick (because now we need a powered hub :s )

201 - 206 of 206 Posts