Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I thought I would start a separate topic on the kernel I'm developing for the Hannspad SN10T1

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT, I CAN NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THIS MAY DO TO YOUR TABLET.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
I USE IT, I LIKE IT, I WOULD NEVER INTENTIONALLY CODE SOMETHING THAT WILL DO DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE

Nightly build (06/09/2011) with wifi led improvement, framebuffer (android 3.0 boot screen for fb users), voltage table and cpu1 tweak for better stability at higher cpu clocks.

ab_kernelv4Release-2-32-44-04

SOURCE IS NOW ON GIT HUB

github.com/ab73-hp-tab/ab73kernel-Hannspad-2632

Any devs out there wanting to contribute to this project would be more than welcome.
The end game at this moment is 2.6.36+ kernel with hw accel running on our Hannspad device.

I've implemented pershoot kernel patches..

-set JRCU_LAZY
tegra: Halt AVP when entering suspend
USB: Remove serial functions from RNDIS composition

From other sources
HDMI, wake up from standby has been improved, please test out.
OTG, is a work in progress, please try and feedback any results.

Experimental:
Framebuffer has been increased from 2M to 4M buffer, this might improve frame rates.

Known Issues:
-warning from manage irq and nvec release function
-When waking up from standby/sleep, the clock in the status bar will change when RTC changes in the next minute (stock rom).
-If your BT Audio device does not work with the the stack that comes within your ROM, no audio will be sent to your device, and once you disconnect, you will need to plug in a 3.5mm jack and unplug to get audio back.
- Wake up from standby when charging may hang your device, please feedback if it did and it doesn't after installing this kernel.

I welcome your feedback.

Enjoy,

AB

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks AB,

works great with CM, usb host still does not work for me.

edit: -If your BT Audio device does not work with the the stack that comes within your ROM, no audio will be sent to your device, and once you disconnect, you will need to plug in a 3.5mm jack and unplug to get audio back.

I get audio to my device but as soon as i disconnect i dont have audio on my tablet, i think it doesnt switch profiles

·
Registered
211 Posts
Is it possible to code in a switch so that usb mode could be set to forced OTG mode (maybe from terminal)? That way you just switch between the two depending on whether you're plugging in a device, or plugging it into a pc.

Even a kernel with OTG always on, and no function to plug it into a pc would be good for testing (that and I personally don't mind switching between an otg only and a normal kernel release for testing/using).

Chief

·
Registered
10 Posts
O.K. a short test.
Everything seems to be allright. No Problems found.

A have run "StabilityTest", with WLAN, 100% Display illumination, for one hour.
It has taken 20% of my Battery.
Projected it will be a capacity of 5 hours, operated under full load.

·
Registered
285 Posts
thanks for this. will it work with hannstitan??

can you put the kernel source on git??

I'm sure there's a few people who might like to get involved??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for this. will it work with hannstitan??

can you put the kernel source on git??

I'm sure there's a few people who might like to get involved??
Hannstitan is more froyo, so doubtful, Why don't you backup, wipe data & cache, install hannstitan, install kernel. Share the experience.

I'm sorting the git source just now.

AB

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For me the wake up from standby problem is also still there.
Could you provide more info about the problem.

e.g.
Switched off device with button, woke up in the morning, pressed button device didn't wake up. Device on battery power or charging?

AB

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great work ab73, no issues with this new kernel, great battery life, and the feeling it runs even a bit smoother than the previous one.

·
Registered
805 Posts
not tried the latest version, but you have been doing some great work mate, keep it up...

any chance of taking the "sleep button" back out? as I keep hitting it by accident... ghost buttons..lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
also ab73 might want to add a donate button, just in case someone wants to "thank" you differently

EDIT:

I've made the following test:

1. Flash to stock with NVFLASH (APP partiton size=261658240 and recovery.img was CWM v2)
2. Wipe everything 3 times (Wipe factory, cache, devlins)
3. Install Flashback 8.0 and reboot
4. Go thought the setup wizard, shutdown
5. Turn on, go to CWM, install Flashback-mms-phone-del.zip then ab_kernel4RELEASE2.6.32.44, reboot

And at this point the ANDROID 3.0 logo was gone, only hannspree logo and then Flashback... how come? Also the kernel seems to break some functions in the os, like: Settings -> About -> Status (Force shutdown) etc.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What ROMs is this kernel for use with? I use CM7, can I test with that and provide feedback?
I use the CM7 alpha's release ROM. So all my tests are on this release. So CM7 is a good starting point.

Please test and provide feedback...

AB

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
also ab73 might want to add a donate button, just in case someone wants to "thank" you differently

EDIT:

I've made the following test:

1. Flash to stock with NVFLASH (APP partiton size=261658240 and recovery.img was CWM v2)
2. Wipe everything 3 times (Wipe factory, cache, devlins)
3. Install Flashback 8.0 and reboot
4. Go thought the setup wizard, shutdown
5. Turn on, go to CWM, install Flashback-mms-phone-del.zip then ab_kernel4RELEASE2.6.32.44, reboot

And at this point the ANDROID 3.0 logo was gone, only hannspree logo and then Flashback... how come? Also the kernel seems to break some functions in the os, like: Settings -> About -> Status (Force shutdown) etc.
Does the loss of OS functions issue happen with the previous release? (Kernel4alpha6?)
Has Flashback went to version 8, what's the Flashback-mms-phone-del.zip?

thx,
AB

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
not tried the latest version, but you have been doing some great work mate, keep it up...

any chance of taking the "sleep button" back out? as I keep hitting it by accident... ghost buttons..lol
Do you mean the hidden button? Mine defaults to Google Search? Could you fix this in your ROM settings?

I was thinking of taking it out because it's not meant to be there, but i starting to get wise to it and use it quite alot.

What do other people think?

If the masses say take it out, i shall.

AB

1 - 20 of 206 Posts