Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot get Wifi to work on my A81E. It will not discover any wireless networks. I tried the Airplane Mode Switch app to make sure it wasn't stuck in airplane mode. I never get the wireless icon in the status bar at the top of the screen when I enable Wifi in the settings. The A81E shows scanning for a few seconds and nothing happens when I turn on Wifi in Settings. I have tried several versions of firmware (0809, 0818, 0831) and reflashed each several times). The unit has a GPS module and this works great. The Wireless works flawlessly when I flash with WINCE firmware so I know hardware is working properly. I have attached a log file created with Logger 1.2 app. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am at a loss with this one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
according to what i read in your log file the hardware is recognized and the driver is loaded just fine.I would recommend turning off all encryption on your wifi router to test if you are discovered then.sometimes these things are fussy and don't like a certain type of encryption.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually reset a netgear wireless router to factory defaults and created a new open SSID. I was unable to discover this SSID either. I tried this at work as well where we have bluesocket, linksys, and nortel access points and I was unable to discover any of those access points. I am at a loss at this point.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a similar issue with a flytouch clone where some times it finds the wifi and some times not. I also have a netgear. If I reset the netgear it tends to link up straightaway. I am using WPA

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issues. I am going to see if I can return the A81E. I can connect with Wince but not Android 2.2. I tried everything I could think of - setting up a static IP, power cycling over and over, flashing every version of android 2.1 and 2.2 about 10 times, removing WEP and password protection but all to no avail.I can connect with excellent strength at 56 kps but no data is transmitted or recieved. When I ping my static IP from my laptop or router, 100% packets are lost. Without internet access, the witstech is essentially useless. I am at a loss of what do.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't know this system at all, really, but I have had experience at reading logs. This section of your log certainly seems to tell us that there was no scan (no surprise to you!). Perhaps it all starts at the cmdQueue error.I wonder if someone with a working system could generate a similar log so that it could be compared? I would do it but mine doesn't arrive for a few more days (I hope!). And I don't know whether it will work, either.....Strange that it works with Wince - suggests that the hardware is OK. Good luck and I hope someone can get a comparison log.Lindsay.<6>TIWLAN: 1836.195596: Interrogate TX/RX parameters<4>sdioDrv_WriteSyncBytes() SDIO Command error status = 0x18000<4>sdioDrv_WriteSyncBytes() SDIO Command error status = 0x18000<6>TIWLAN: 1851.922464: cmdQueue_Error: **ERROR** Command Occured <6> Cmd = CMD_SCAN , Len = 536 <6> NumOfCmd = 5<6> MAC TimeStamp on timeout = 1797148252<6>TIWLAN: 1851.922494: --------------- cmdQueue_PrintHistory of 5 -------------------<6>TIWLAN: 1851.922525: Cmd index 0 CmdType = CMD_SCAN , Len = 536, Place in Queue = 13 <6>TIWLAN: 1851.922525: Cmd index 1 CmdType = CMD_SET_TEMPLATE , Len = 264, Place in Queue = 12 <6>TIWLAN: 1851.922555: Cmd index 2 CmdType = CMD_SET_TEMPLATE , Len = 264, Place in Queue = 11 <6>TIWLAN: 1851.922586: Cmd index 3 CmdType = CMD_INTERROGATE (ACX_MEM_MAP), Len = 100, Place in Queue = 10 <6>TIWLAN: 1851.922586: Cmd index 4 CmdType = CMD_CONFIGURE *** Error No Such IE **** , Len = 38, Place in Queue = 9 <6>TIWLAN: 1851.922616: -----------------------------------------------------------------------<6>adb_release<6>adb_open<6>android_usb gadget: high speed config #1: android<7>musb_hdrc periph: enabled ep2in for bulk IN, dma, maxpacket 512<7>musb_hdrc periph: enabled ep2out for bulk OUT, dma, maxpacket 512<7>musb_hdrc periph: enabled ep1in for bulk IN, dma, maxpacket 512<7>musb_hdrc periph: enabled ep1out for bulk OUT, dma, maxpacket 512<6>TIWLAN: 2067.219308: ***** recovery trigger: NO_SCAN_COMPLETE_FAILURE *****, ts=1797363549<6>TIWLAN: 2067.219339: .....drvMain_Recovery, ts=1797363549

·
Registered
253 Posts
I wonder if these are significant, coming immediately before the cmdQueue error? Looks like it failed writing to the SD card? <4>sdioDrv_WriteSyncBytes() SDIO Command error status = 0x18000<4>sdioDrv_WriteSyncBytes() SDIO Command error status = 0x18000I searched on tiwlan and got several similar probs and logs. Certainly, the tiwlan and sd (mmc) are inter-related. Here are a couple:-[Partial Solution] Wi-Fi unable to start. - xda-developersTIWLAN SDIO init TIWLAN SDIO - Anonymous - LgDREC3G - Pastebin.comLindsay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can anyone Help me with this issue. I reflashed with WINCE and wireless works flawlessly. I flash with any firmware (last flash was with Adeptus version 2 of 0831 firmware) and I cannot get wifi or bluetooth to scan at all. A friend bought an A81E and brought his to my house and he can scan and find all access points available at my house (11 total - every neighbor has an access point) and his Bluetooth will pair with my cellphone without any issue. My A81E will not find any access points when turned on. I am lost as to what is wrong at this point. Can someone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
88 Posts
The answer is in your question..... too many AP. It seems that only happens to someone.I can't understand why, but mine A81e doesn't connect with wifi if there are more of 2 or 3 AP active.One evening my A81 did not want to connect to the Internet.I only have a Dlink AP in my house, but there were 1 or 2 APs in the neighboring houses and their signal came to me.In house I have also a cordless phone (2.4 GHz), wireless antitheft system (2.4 GHz), AV transmitter (2.4 GHz), a notebook with wifi on.I was banging my head against the wall seeking a solution, but when the neighbors turned off their AP and I turned off the laptop, my A81 has been connected.It seems that with more than 1 AP the scan software goes in a loop. I did experiments in the office where I work and now I know it's useless, there are 4 or 5 AP different networks. The software continues to scan and try to connect to any AP, even if they have low signal and are protected with WPA / WEP, forgetting my unprotected AP with strong signal.I don't know a solution, A81e is useless for me without wifi connection (and it also has the screen crashed).PS: Try WIFinder, it usually can scan and recognize nearby AP, displayng channel & transmitting power.

·
Registered
253 Posts
That explains why it works with Wince and not Android - it is a crappy driver problem. Seems like I am very lucky as the neighbours aren't into wifi and my phones are 5GHz. Pity the source code isn't aval, but, hey, why can't Wits fix these stupid bugs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I appreciate your feed back fbelleri. Any assistance is always appreciated. But my question is if there are too many access points, why did the other A81E which was flashed to the same firmware version (using the same microSD card to flash the firmware) work while sitting next to the A81E that will not scan for access points? Once again, I appreciate your assistance, but I thin we can rule out too many access points if another A81E with the same firmware version sitting next to it works great in the same environment. I initially though hardware issue, but this does not explain why it works in WINCE. I'm leaning toward a driver issue or configuration issue and I am looking for someone who can point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this thing. Once again, thank you for your assistance.

·
Registered
253 Posts
[quote name='tgrenda34;64381]I appreciate your feed back fbelleri. Any assistance is always appreciated. But my question is if there are too many access points' date=' why did the other A81E which was flashed to the same firmware version (using the same microSD card to flash the firmware) work while sitting next to the A81E that will not scan for access points? Once again, I appreciate your assistance, but I thin we can rule out too many access points if another A81E with the same firmware version sitting next to it works great in the same environment. I initially though hardware issue, but this does not explain why it works in WINCE. I'm leaning toward a driver issue or configuration issue and I am looking for someone who can point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this thing. Once again, thank you for your assistance.[/QUOTE'] I didn't pick up that another A81E worked OK. It really is a conundrum, this one. I am running V3 adeptus which is virtually the same as yours so I am happy to provide my startup logs for comparison. Earlier, I had Droid Explorer running and it listed the logcat log but I now can't get DE to see any devices. Don't know why. Android Commander runs OK, though. Let me know if you would like a log (and how to produce it!).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ok tgrenda34, you're right.I just wanted to add one last thought, and then I promise to stop. ;)I just think that if two A81 are exactly the same as hardware and software, MUST work exactly the same. But the facts say that it is not. And I was asking me Why?The cause could be due to many factors, although two A81 'seem to' have the same hardware and software. Maybe one of them has different tolerances in just one electronic component, one bit in the correction block of NAND memory, different timing, different manufacturer of a component. Sensitivity to radio interference? How much is the SN margin?Or&#8230;. there is a software problem. Why it works with WinCE? Different implemention of the drivers? A different timing for I/O operations?I said too many AP because when I checked the log of my exA81, I noticed that the scan started from a MAC address that does not exist and continued step by step to 16 addresses up, taking a lot of time, but only when more than one AP was active. MAC from 02:00:00:13:52:b1 to 02:00:00:13:52:c1, from 02:00:00:b3:68:aa to 02:00:00:b3:68:b6, from 02:00:00:f4:f8:b0 to 02:00:00:f4:f8:c1, from 02:00:00:59:6f:ab to 02:00:00:59:6f:b3, etc etc. Really a lot of time and logs. Maybe my hardware is a bit different or broken? But... why it worked perfectly only at home when the other AP was off?These were the questions I was doing to me. The only answer that I have found is: it's a problem with android hardware drivers. I'm probably wrong.I gave up.I sincerely hope you can find a solution
(and forgive me for my translated English).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.