Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have just received my A81E from eBay and it doesn't have the Wits MID logo on the front bottom right.Is there any way to tell if this is a genuine A81E?CheersDarren

·
Registered
146 Posts
If it can be flashed with A81E FW and work, then it's genuine. There was an opinion, that Wits are just another retailer like Wirelession or MP4Nation and original design and FW are made by an unknown(widely) manufacturer. I'm sure in earlier threads there was a link to some electronic parts supplier's site with unbranded device which looked exactly like A81.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think the A81e is made by Wits, even if it's also sold as Wirelession W1060 or Nationite MIDnite (if someone has received it already). Obviously Wits surely don't manufacture any of the parts (SoC, ICs, display, etc) themselves. Some other custom parts (case, buttons) must be made by a sub-contractor or something. They are just an assembly facility, maybe even less than 100 people.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
SymphonyX7;54436 said:
Mine doesn't have the 'WITS MID' logo on the lower right bezel. Yet it's still genuine. I got mine from Wirelession BTW. I like it without the logo. Makes it looks classy.
yeah i agree, i love the look of the W1060

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.It takes the Wits firmware fine, so it'm happy it's one of this range...Although it was sold as an A81E, one of the WiFi access points already defined was Wirelession, so I suspect it may be a W1060.Not bothered either way - just glad to have got hold of one!CheersDarren

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.