Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
that's the thing I tried finding a factory firmware butts I have not have any kind of success on top of that I downloaded aokp and another version of clockwork recovery mod for some reason live suit keeps saying that every single image that I plug into it is a bad image it doesn't make sense

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, i have N500 tablet, tried flashing about 12 roms, and seems that device is working (connect apk installer i can get view of the system), but screen is blank. What should i do ? Many thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Why did you start flashing roms, was the screen already blank before you started? Then it looks more like a hardware problem. If you're experienced with small parts, you could open the tablet. The N500 is pretty easy, two screws and plastic latches around the rim if I remember right. Then check the connection of the screen flex. Sometimes it gets disconnected. the best is to remove it from the connector and re-insert it until it's fully in. If the battery is loose in the case, use some double-sided adhesive tape to keep it in place. A loose battery can pull the display flex from the connector.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
It's strange. Normally, when you flash any A10 rom to any A10 tablet, you get at least some kind of display, although it could be distorted when the rom is not suited for the tablet. A screen that just stays black, without any sign of life, usually is a hardware problem. But since you had display before you started flashing the rom, I don't think this is hardware related.

For the moment, I wouldn't know how to solve this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got it working, downloaded another rom. sun4i_crane_t10a_0.8.1_20120224.img now it's showing, but touch screen is not working. Wifi works, display rotates wrong, but still now it works. Is there any way to force touch screen ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Sometimes the touchscreen is not working because of wrong drivers in the rom. The wrong rotation also points in the direction of a wrong rom. But flashing a wrong rom can also erase the touchscreen controller and then it's very hard to get it working again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update: somehow I got it working again! I deliberately let the battery totally drain by putting it in "unrecognized USB device mode", which should have been "USB firmware update mode" and letting it rest until I was pretty sure the battery should be flat. Then I charged it for some time and tried to re-enter the firmware update mode. And magically, all of a sudden it worked!

The best guess I can make is that somehow, the A10 had been messed up and needed to be out of power to reset (Yes, I tried both reset buttons, the one hidden behind the small peephole and the secret one that has no peephole at all but becomes available after opening the case. And that didn't restore the USB firmware update mode).

Case closed
Wonder if you could expand on this hidden reset button - I've not seen reference to this elsewhere. Where is it? Inside the case, obviously, but what does it look like? Is it common to all A10 tablets or just the LY-F1?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello guys,

after formatting my Allwinner A10 T05a tablet with LiveSuit. it's showing BLACK SCREEN no display guys plzzzzzzzzzz help me..... and even i don't now my firmware which m installing is right or wrong i want firmware for T05_1.2-20120503

my confuration is:
T05A configurations:CPU Allwinner A10 Android 4.0,9.7-inch 1024*768-pixel resolution,5-point touch Capacitive Screen,DDR3 1G,Storage 8GB/16GB,Dual camera Front 0.3M/Rear 2M,Support for 3G dongles and Ethernet with adapter,HDMI Output...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I finally, made it work. I used Phoenix card, a software that flash 'booteable-auto-intall' images of android.
Before start you need PhoenixCard 3.06 and a already confirmed compatible image form your tablet.

1.-The tablet need to be charged for at least 20 min(i plugged the USB cable and connect to PC and it did charge, even when the display doesn't show anything).
2.- Connect the Micro SD to the computer(with already backup your data, because it wipe it all)
3.- Run PhoenixCard.
4.- Select the drive letter where your card is mounted (be careful to select the correct one).
5.- Select the image from your computer with Img File.
6.- Click on Product radio button (already selected but it does need to for the process to work).
7.- Click in Format to Normal(this step is optional, but it doesn't hurt).
8.- Click in Burn, then wait to finish (i didn't have any issue at this point).

Then after that, insert the already flashed card into the tablet then turn on. A green progress bar (in my case) appears on the screen, then wait to be filled (complete), then the tablet should turn off. After that remove the card from the slot and turn it on again. The tablet should boot normally.

Hopefully it helps somebody, like it helped me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That means that the update has successfully ended.
Not necessarily - I have an Ainol Novo 7 Elf (A10) I have been working on for a while. It's recognised as a FID/PID device but when the usual Livesuit instructions are followed I immediately get the empty yellow exclamation mark dialog box (instead of the pop-up asking if I want to format etc). I have tried now with several *img files so I'm reasonably sure it's not just a corrupt ROM - I suspect something is preventing the tablet from going into update mode properly and the dialog is a warning that there's a problem and the update/flash is being aborted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I have a medicom 711 too
today during normal operation the screen when all fuzzy ( characters out of sync )
I hit the rest button and it powered off

Now no matter what I do I cannot get it to switch back on again

When I plug in the charger the charging light comes on

When i plug the usb in - my pc doesn't recognize a thing ( probably because it is powered off )

I have tried the volume+ and power key combo - nothing
I have tried plugging in the usb with volume+ and multiple short taps on the power button still nothing

Anyone got any suggestions - or is it dead

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Maybe it's not completely switched off. Keep the power button pushed for at least 30 seconds and then retry the volume+/usb/power procedure again. If that doesn't work, put it away for at least a week. If it's still switched on and won't switch off, this should drain the battery. Then recharge it for some time and retry the volume+/usb/power procedure again.

As a last resort, try the Phoenix card procedure described a few posts above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Normally when it is switched on there is a little residual heat on the back plate - it's as cold as an ice cube at the moment.
How long will it take the battery to drain if it is actually switched off and won't come on ( I have no way of telling ) I assume keeping the clock and date up to date takes some of the battery even if switched off.
Also it has an internal sd (main) which I cant get to without removing the cover - will the phoenix thing work on the external sd ?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Normally, within 4 weeks or so the battery should be empty, even when the tablet is off. The self discharge of the battery will drain it anyway.

Are you sure there's really an internal sd? Normally, tablets have nand flash memory, which is partly used for the os and some system partitions. The memory that remains is usually mounted as "internal sd" memory, although physically it's still nand flash.

Anyway, the Phoenix procedure should work to update the internal memory, whether it's sd or nand flash, when you put the Phoenix card in the external sd slot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
that could be it - when I looked (in the past) as storage devices it always showed up under mnt/sdcard (with mnt/external_sd as my external slot)
so I sort of assumed it was one - but you are probably correct

Ok I'll leave it for a week and try again - then if nothing happens will leave it in a cupboard for a month and try again
then as a final measure i will try the phoenix method

Thanks for your help

I miss my tablet - sob

61 - 80 of 94 Posts