Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that it's lame to ask this, but time renders older answers a bit suspect.

I have an Eken T01a that I've recently brought back to stock and not even rooted (Really??? Gasp!). It's Market-free, the screen font is bit tiny and I feel it could be better... It's previous firmware was 'Vestinious' which got very CPU-intensive and so hyper-laggy: very probably something I put into it, rather than the developer's error.

If just leaving it alone is seen as the best thing to do, is Sausagemod still the best way to root, etc?

If not, what is 'the current most stable, fast, smooth, etc. one?' that will fit an Eken T01a, please?

TIA

Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know that it's lame to ask this, but time renders older answers a bit suspect.

I have an Eken T01a that I've recently brought back to stock and not even rooted (Really??? Gasp!). It's Market-free, the screen font is bit tiny and I feel it could be better... It's previous firmware was 'Vestinious' which got very CPU-intensive and so hyper-laggy: very probably something I put into it, rather than the developer's error.

If just leaving it alone is seen as the best thing to do, is Sausagemod still the best way to root, etc?

If not, what is 'the current most stable, fast, smooth, etc. one?' that will fit an Eken T01a, please?

TIA

Chris
The most stable rom I have found is Christian Troy's AOKP over at dragondevs.com
http://dragondevs.com/thread-164.html

And the easiest root I've found is the CWM for Scroll Extreme. It works great on T01 also at dragondevs.com Complete instructions under Allwinner Tablets T01 recovery http://dragondevs.com/forum-82.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
68 Posts
+1 for AOKP

looking forward to JB AOKP, but it seems the A10 has become obsolete..RK3066 seems to be the best soc right now and is getting all the attention with the devs..newer quads have just been announced as well..time to jump ship?

Sent from my A7HD using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
18 Posts
looking forward to JB AOKP, but it seems the A10 has become obsolete..RK3066 seems to be the best soc right now and is getting all the attention with the devs..newer quads have just been announced as well..time to jump ship?
Depends on why you are on board, I guess.

Enjoy the next phase of your cycle of anticipation, acquisition, exploration, modification and dissatisfaction...

Thanks for the confirmation re AOKP. I've already re-bricked the T01a, just rooting it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
68 Posts
Depends on why you are on board, I guess.

Enjoy the next phase of your cycle of anticipation, acquisition, exploration, modification and dissatisfaction...

Thanks for the confirmation re AOKP. I've already re-bricked the T01a, just rooting it!
very accurate analogy there buddy..that's just how newer tech affect techies..lol

and yes, even with cm9 and cm10 for A10s, our current ICS AOKP seems the best, as everything is working great and stable..

good luck and have fun re-rooting your device!

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts