Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thanks to OM's hard work, please use these useful links below before posting new thread. Wiki: ZT-180_FAQ 1 This is a ZT-180 FAQ 2 Recent changes 3 Most clicked items 4 Android & ADB Basics 4.1.1 Android Basics - Adding apps/shortcuts to the home page 4.1.2 Android Basics - Removing apps/shortcuts from home page 4.1.3 Android Basics - Installing Apps to your ZT-180 4.1.4 Android Basics - Removing apps from your ZT-180 4.1.5 Android Basics - Finding Firmware Build Date 4.2.1 ADB Basics - Preparation 4.2.2 ADB Basics - Commands to Connect 4.2.3 ADB Basics - Some Basic ADB Commands 5 ZT-180 Specifications 6 Firmware (ROMS) 7 How to's 7.1 Flashing firmware 7.2 Getting Android ID from Emulator 7.3 Google Market 7.4 Wifi 7.5 3G USB Sticks 7.6 Upgrade the Battery 7.7 Rooting 7.8 Streaming video or music 7.9 Copy files to internal device storage or SD Card 7.10 Installing Flash 7.11 Precautions for handling the ZT-180 7.12 Vendors8 Applications from Market (Apps) 9 Firmware Updates we would like to see 10 Other upgrades 10.1 Changing boot animation 10.2 Screen Protectors 10.3 Cases 10.4 USB peripherals 10.5 Bluetooth Audio Dongle Mod 10.6 Wallpapers 10.7 Accessories11 Troubleshooting I will leave the embedded videos here until I can get SlateDroid to enable embedded videos in the wiki.HowTo Videos #1 - Downloading and installing Android Development Kit, setting up Android Emulator, and retrieving Android IDA supplement to the "Fix Market for Slate" Wiki - Fix Market for Slates
#2 - Downloading Burntool, ROMs and Flashing Firmware
#3 - Installing Market for ROM 100827 - Flashing Firmware (including Christian Buchner's system.img), pushing Android ID over USB with ADB, Signing into Market, Dowloading AppNote: This video is still valid for the newest ROM 0929. Instead of using the 0827 ROMs, download the 0929 ROM from here - Wiki:ZT-180 FAQ - WikiNext, download Christian Buchner's new system image here - Wiki:ZT-180 FAQ - WikiYou can still push your Android ID using ADB, which is my preferred method since I have a batch file and just have to double click on it.Christian has added a new app for inserting the Android ID but I haven't tried it yet.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-This is a work in progress in light of any unfortunate event with my computer/backup/world order. Feel free to use any of this information but I accept no responsibility with your results.I don't expect any questions in this thread so don't expect any answers. I will answer any PMs sent to me.Very little of the above is my work. It is a compilation of many other people's hard work and dedication to bring what started out as a pretty limited piece of equipment to something more usable. It's too hard to put out a full list of people as someone would definitely be left out but I am grateful for your efforts!Thanks to slatedroid site, rpm, jtbnet, cattmann, enso, Christian Buchner, many others I will add as time goes on!If you find the information here or on the ZT-180 wiki useful, please show your thanks by clicking the "star" icon at the bottom of this post

Reactions: Nuypond

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got my new ePad from shaofeng li (alibaba.com) $190 (?123.48) inc P&P. Very pleased, free earphones, stylus & leather pouch. Updated firmware to 100827 and RPMScript ran to give me all the goodies! Android market worked first time!In my personal opiniion I would avoid : andytan929 off of ebay (?156.99), complete waste of space!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Christian Buchner;50332 said:
the link below a) Would you buy from them again? does not return any search results.
Oops...thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, the Omen,Thanks a lot for sharing your valuable experiences so detail like this. I had installed many versions of youtube.apk but none of them are working on my 0827 rom, would you please point me where to download the workable youtube.apk?Thanks.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote name='jacauc;54233]Thanks' date=' this is quite handy to have it all compiled into one list.[/QUOTE'] Thank you, hopefully other people can get some use out of it too.[quote name='vchiou2007;54431]Hi' date=' the Omen,Thanks a lot for sharing your valuable experiences so detail like this. I had installed many versions of youtube.apk but none of them are working on my 0827 rom, would you please point me where to download the workable youtube.apk?Thanks.[/QUOTE']I sent you a PM, did you get it working? Feel free to PM me back.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Zap!;59680]I said:
Thanks' date=' I find it useful, I hope others can too!
cabrion;60032' said:
how you stream video by ES File Explorer?????
Oops, that's a typo. It's supposed to be audio...thanks for catching that.I actually use TVersity and NSWPlayer for streaming video and music now

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote name='gyros8869;65438]Hi the Omen' date='Thanks a lot for sharing. I got market working.Thanks.[/QUOTE'] Wonderful, but don't thank me, I just compiled the info, I didn't create the means. Those are the guys that deserve the thanks!

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Continued from first post -TroubleshootingQ: I put my device into Airplane mode, how can I get it out?A: http://www.slatedroid.com/zt-180/7711-help-%96-turn-off-airplane-mode.htmlQ: My device is stuck on A N D R O I D during boot up, what can I do?A: Help, stuck on bootupQ: How can I open my ZT-180A: Opening the case for inspection or repairQ: Where can I find Wallpapers that fit my screen?A: http://www.slatedroid.com/zt-180/7819-wallpapers-zenithink-180-a.htmlQ: The vendor I bought my ZT-180 from stated I will get 7 hours out of the battery but I only get 4-5. What can I do?A: http://www.slatedroid.com/zt-180/5158-upgrading-battery-cheap-easy.htmlQ: How can I test my microphone?A: http://www.slatedroid.com/zt-180/7776-test-microphone.htmlQ: My wifi keeps dropping out or I have limited range. How can I improve my wifi?A: http://www.slatedroid.com/zt-180/4310-how-improve-your-wlan.htmlQ: What USB peripherals are known to workA: http://www.slatedroid.com/zt-180/41...0-confirmed-working-usb-peripherals-here.htmlQ: What cases are available for ZT-180A: http://www.slatedroid.com/zt-180/5289-best-case-zt180.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
how can i back up my ZT180? when my epad crashes i re-flash and start all over again from the beginning...is there a way that after i have flashed and set up Market and do whatever else needs to be done back up my system? and when something happens i can reload from my back up?thanks

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Updated the wiki - Wiki:ZT-180 FAQ - Wiki&Added a new video explaining how to download burntool, roms, install driver, etc -

·
Registered
5 Posts
will this "pushing Android ID over USB with ADB, Signing into Market, Dowloading App" "Then, in a DOS window type:adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='YOUR_ANDROID_ID_HERE' where name='androidId';"" still work after flashing the most recent firmware

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.