Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place, but it looked like the most likely place for this type of discussion, so...In many forums there are rules against "spamming" the board with posts on a single issue, they prefer if posters would search for an earlier thread and add to the discussion there. Other places consider doing that "necromancy" and prefer that posters start a new topic so that posts don't get lost and old (usually surpassed) information doesn't get repeated over and over.What is the proper way to go about things on Slatedroid? I'd like to know that my posts aren;t being ignored as spam or that i'm irritating people with dredging up old threads...--bornagainpenguin

·
Registered
40 Posts
I understand where he is coming from however.... this is a young community. Its only growing. Hell, I am new myself too. But I have seen this on other message boards. I was apart that was very strict about this sort of issue. They would merge threads and users would flame anyone who asked a question that had already been answered. After a while it seemed as if topics of discussion were hard to come by. The board looked dead and unused. It eventually led to its demise cause people simply lost interest.Bottom line, this is a place for a community. We help each other out. If someone new comes here and ask a highly repeated question so be it. It will not end the world. How would you feel if you joined a forum and asked a question and was flamed for simply asking?My 2 Cents

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darth Hater;32682 said:
How would you feel if you joined a forum and asked a question and was flamed for simply asking?
You misunderstand me---I was asking about myself. I was unaware there was anyone who would fit my description or I would have altered my text so as to not have it apply to himherthem. I just want to know what is the preferred way of doing things here. For myself to follow.Thank you for taking the time to respond.--bornagainpenguin

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Nothing official. But iy someone opens a new thread about 'my market is stuck at Start downloading.' The preferred response is direct them to the wiki or one of the active threads about the problem.I think I (personally) prefer necromancy Bring that topic back to life.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Mogrith is right . It's better to post your topic and wait for response. Our admin staff and mod staff will point you to the right post if we know it. Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
We're due for a cleanup in here somewhere. I would merge threads more often if I were able - my mod privs weren't working right the last time I tried. Personally, it's a question of whether your issue is the same, or has different aspect. Necromancy is better if the problem is the SAME, but a new thread is better if there is a new aspect to your problem - it might actually be a different problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts