Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased an M-001 7" Google Androidfrom Dealextreme. I accidently got into a language I couldn't understand and hit "something" which caused me to lose all the original factory installed apps. It won't pick up the WiFi signal, either. Is there any way to download them again....or have I completely screwed it up??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I'm going to show how much of a newbie I actually am! It appears that several downloads are available. Which one should I use to re-establish WiFi and email capability? Right out of the box the device was doing this without an SD card. What size SD card should I get? Class 2 or 4 or 6? I appreciate your help in that I'm now holding a uselss screen!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
You crack me up man
. Any sd card will work up to 32GB. Some people have reported problems so if you come into those problems try a different one I have had the best success with sandisk memory cards. I currently have a 16GB card in my droid slate.

·
Registered
100 Posts
[quote name='garrettman1;7230]OK' date=' I'm going to show how much of a newbie I actually am! It appears that several downloads are available. Which one should I use to re-establish WiFi and email capability? Right out of the box the device was doing this without an SD card. What size SD card should I get? Class 2 or 4 or 6? I appreciate your help in that I'm now holding a uselss screen!![/QUOTE'] You need this:1.7.2 firmware is available!!M001-20100527.zipFileName: M001-20100527.zipPassword: magcomp.netMD5: 8720e59ae1f6aa4461f716700ef819e8And I used a cheap 2GB card from Walgreens, so the device is not THAT picky, but 2GB or smaller is recommended for the update. Format it FAT16. Then unzip the downloaded file (that's when you need the password) - I use 7zip, but it should not really matter. Find the 'script' folder after unzipping, right click on it and 'send to' your SD card. Once you're done coping the files, give windows a few seconds to complete writing, then insert the card into your m001 and turn it on (full battery or charger connected). It should go thru the update (5 to 10 mins) and eventually will ask you to eject the SD card. If you are planning on using the SD card in the unit, put it back into your computer and format it or at least rename the script folder - otherwise the unit will install the update again on the next reboot with the card inserted.Since your unit is new, make sure you charger is working properly, i.e. charge the unit while turned off. The chargers are crap and to find out your m001 is not fully charged during the update would be BAD.Once done your unit is back to factory new - just don't select 'reset to factory' again in the menu, as it f***s up some m001 specific config files.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All

Im also a newbie, just been given an unused eken m001 (obviously, im in this forum). I am awaiting shipment for a power cord. It is the original droid 1.6os.
Mostly I wanted a tablet to act as a mobile ebook reader, i was pricing out and considering the kindle for that purpose when my friend dropped this on me.
I guess my question is: What formats will it support and is there any way to make it compatable with the kindle or some other easy reading format? i have read
rich text books on my pc and it is a bit of a pain. I want to update it somehow but until i spend several hours browsing these forums (which I intend to do) and
get my power cord and newfangled 32g sd card I would appreciate any input given.

Many thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.