Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I think this is a nice device and if most of the fixes listed below are done I will recommend this a great device for it's price.Rough not quite ready.This device should not be shipping yet. It needs a little more polish to be truly usable.All the controls are on the back. either along the top on the right side. You cannot easily reach them while it's in the case. By adding a Back and Menu icon to the top task bar the need for these buttons is greatly reduced.Speaking of the Task bar. Take out the E and R icons since they don't have any use in a device without a phone. It will make space for the Menu and Back icons.Add a volume Icon. I don't want to have to switch between a media app and 3 levels deep into settings. tap on the icon and get the slider.Screen Orientation. If the device cannot detect if it is rotated the manual rotate Icon should be enabled also.Market Memory size. Since Daniel Gofman Vice President Augen Electronics Corp. has already announced a patch for these. So I don't need to say more. CPU it looks like the CPU is running at 600mhz max. It may be a 800mhz chip but it's not running at that speed. Maybe have it run at 600 for longer battery life but run at 800 when plugged in. If it will only run at 600 relabel the the box.The Augen Website says it plays Video at 720P and there is a place marked for a HDMI port. Without the port you can't get 720p out. So I would drop that claim. You have a terminal app, but I can't get to the keyboard. I cannot get the device to recognize a USB keyboard, mouse and thumbdrive. This may be a bad cable.You should change your info from : SD/MMC card to MicroSD card.You have an app to shows the where the device thinks the stylus is pointing. Mine seems to about 15 pixels left of my real touch point. But the Calibrate function to correct this is missing.Headset jack. I know you are offing 2.5mm headsets. But I think it would be better to offer an adapter to 3.5mm. So users can plug in external speakers, FM transmitters, earbuds, over the ear headsets or what ever else they want. You did it with the USB port. Please do it with the audio jack.Things I like.Android 2.1 this really is the current version 2.2 is not widely available yet. So almost all apps will run on this device.256MG Ram allows you multitask apps without running out of ram.2Gig internal storage. Plenty of room for Apps. Data can go on a MicroSD card.Whatever the CPU speed is the device has a good response homepages scroll quickly, moving icons have no lag. YouTube runs smoothly, Video podcast play nicely as well. Good fit and finish and the hidden buttons make for a nice look.A very nice case is included in the package.I like the size and weight Some patches and updated firmware the this thing will rock. It's sad to see it crippled like this. But you can fix it.Thank youPaul Wirtz

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.