Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm glad to join the community. I've been around technology my whole life but had never had a novel/ereader.
I just bought the 9" pandigital novel E-reader. I read a lot of posts about custom firmware to add market, etc... but they all say black or white editions.
Where can i find info about my 9" reader? What is compatible with it? I appreciate any help. Feel free to email me or respond here. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome to the forum
It is perceived as bigger brother of Black PDN. So far I haven't seen much development happening for 9" PDN yet. But you may need find out the hardware specs to check if the hardware is same as 7" BPDN. You will have to connect to computer and use adb to get the hardware specs. I don't know the command..

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Please see my response in this post here:
http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=12889.0
The 9 inch PDN has not been explored here on slatedroid...yet. I am still happy with my WPDN. That being said, I looked at the user guide and it is already an open platform that you can install apps on. While it does not have the official Google market on there, you could get apps from many places. Slideme.org and freewarelovers.com are two just to start.

The 9inch PDN is running Android 2.0 (info from the FAQs in the user guide) so I'm gonna say no to Flash. However, you can view websites in the mobile versions and many of them will convert flash to html5. This will not let you play flash games.

I would suggest you familiarize yourself with the 9inch PDN guide here:
http://test1.pandigital.net/userfiles/file/Downloads/UG_R90L200_v1_8_11-12-10.pdf

I hope you enjoy your new tablet/readers and please let us know how they work out for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in the same situation as the original poster, however I guess I have the advantage of time because I know that lots of things have been developed since this post in 2010. Can't wait to assemble all that knowledge and put it to use. (Oh, and of course I can't wait to find one more thread that I can comment on so I'll be able to make my own posts with questions that haven't been addressed. LOL!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts