Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of this tablet and where I can find out more?Wholesale-New 9.7" Android2.1 MID HDMI Camera G sensorI just ordered a WITS A81 with GPS from Wirelession via AliExpress and I saw this 9.7" tablet. If it is indeed, 512 MB of RAM, I might have to cancel my order. As much as I don't like 9.7" size of the iPad, I'd still appreciate the raw processing power. It's got twice as much RAM as the iPad and WITS A81 and it runs faster than the WITS A81. What's not to link considering it's $300?I really want to cancel my WITS A81 for this, but it might be a sham. Anyone got info regarding this tablet or just advice for me? Thanks!P.S. I'm a first time Android owner. I was really happy when Wirelession told me their A81 will come preinstalled with Froyo. Saves me the hassle of having to flash it myself. I'm scared of bricking this tablet.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Seems overpriced and I was unaware that another tablet was using the A8hmm buyer beware

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mp4doggie;40896 said:
Seems overpriced and I was unaware that another tablet was using the A8hmm buyer beware
How is this overpriced if the specs are correct? If this is real, i think $285 is way more then a fair price.Processor Cortex-A8 1GHz GPU Core PowerVR, Memory 512MB DDR2 RAM and the Display 9.7" AUO 1024x768 Panel. HDMI, Bluetooth.. I cant see how you think its not worth 85 more dollars.CPG

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dislike the "artist rendering" of actual product. Why don't they use a tablet and take actual photo of another unit? Look at the icons in the picture, they are not square and IMHO stretch out from photo of another tablet that's 7" and 16:9.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Have to go with mp4doggie here... overpriced.Slightly higher res screen, 200MHz, accelerometer and 256M extra RAM don't add up to a $300 value v. what's available. Besides which, I'm finding that I greatly prefer 7" (or smaller) for a tablet. Looking at one of my older nb 10" screen, would just make it a bit too big for my comfort in using... especially since I also use the tablet for reading after dark 10" would just be way too unwieldly...Now... the res might be nice... but come on another 0.3M camera?! OK! ... I'd expect 2M camera at least... ffs that Moonse Telechips has a 1.3M camera!

·
Registered
246 Posts
[quote name='cutterjohn;41362]Have to go with mp4doggie here... overpriced.Slightly higher res screen' date=' 200MHz, accelerometer and 256M extra RAM don't add up to a $300 value v. what's available. Besides which, I'm finding that I greatly prefer 7" (or smaller) for a tablet. Looking at one of my older nb 10" screen, would just make it a bit too big for my comfort in using... especially since I also use the tablet for reading after dark 10" would just be way too unwieldly...Now... the res might be nice... but come on another 0.3M camera?! OK! ... I'd expect 2M camera at least... ffs that Moonse Telechips has a 1.3M camera![/QUOTE'] I just dont see how you don't think all those extra features arent worth just 80 dollars... Also are we sure 320m outside, and 130m inside, isnt 3.2MP and 1.3MP ?CPG

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Bluetooth also is nice if true. I'm uncomfortable with 'Processor Cortex-A8 1GHz' TI OMAP 3 series? or what.$285 + shipping For real Processor Cortex-A8 1GHz Nice unit. But I'm afraid it's overclocked rockchip or something.Well somebody has to be first. Not me I can't afford it. (keep telling myself that!)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah, after the ZT180 fiasco anyone claiming a real context A8 is going to generate a bit of suspicion...
mogrith;41423 said:
Bluetooth also is nice if true. I'm uncomfortable with 'Processor Cortex-A8 1GHz' TI OMAP 3 series? or what.$285 + shipping For real Processor Cortex-A8 1GHz Nice unit. But I'm afraid it's overclocked rockchip or something.Well somebody has to be first. Not me I can't afford it. (keep telling myself that!)

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
okay got onto he seller on the site, asked some questions(1) this appears to be an "(1:26:35 PM)now only engineering test sample is oki can send send test video to you for your reference firstMe (1:26:59 PM): yes pleasedigimobi (1:27:07 PM): test sample will come out at the end of this month if everything is ok"am getting the test video now, will post a link when i cansomeone tell me a good easy to use upload site?

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
okay, more infformation about this device has arrivedThe video that was sent showed and A8 test board (i think) with a 7 inch screen attached. Msg the following to seller (have deleted names only)Mingnon - "sorry that test video is for a 7inch device, the frame surround looks like a A81-E or W1060, not a 9.7inch device the test board is an A8 test boardSeller (1:38:59 PM): sure,you are right. we published this video one month ago our 9.7"inch case does not come out so we used 7" device caseSeller (1:40:12 PM): any interest, you can wait until our sample comes out then you can see clearly our specificationsMingnon (1:41:04 PM): yes when he 9.7inch case comes out can you notify me, i am interested in viewing video of it running, Thankyou"Will see if this device does come out or not

·
Registered
246 Posts
Also confirmed IT IS CAPACITIVE. No GPS though.. Also, as stated, not shipping yet. Just said Test sample coming end of month.Chris: I have questions about the 9.7 Android 2.1 tablet (2010-08-21 20:57:01)Chris: Does it have capacitive or resistive touchscreen... and also does it have a GPS module? (2010-08-21 21:01:42)Karen Zhang: capacitive (2010-08-21 21:05:22)Karen Zhang: 3g optional,GPS no (2010-08-21 21:05:34)Chris: is this unit shipping? (2010-08-21 21:06:14)Karen Zhang: not yet (2010-08-21 21:12:08)Karen Zhang: test sample will come out this end of month (2010-08-21 21:12:27)Chris : when does production start? (2010-08-21 21:13:12)Karen Zhang: if everything is ok (2010-08-21 21:19:23)Chris : Would this ship in September then? (2010-08-21 21:21:18)Karen Zhang: yes (2010-08-21 21:22:32)CPG

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
guess we will all have to wait and see, dubious about the quoted price on the aliexpress website considering the test sample wont be available till end of month, if they can pull off all that it says for that price i'll take 2

·
Registered
2 Posts
[quote name='mingnon;42218]guess we will all have to wait and see' date=' dubious about the quoted price on the aliexpress website considering the test sample wont be available till end of month, if they can pull off all that it says for that price i'll take 2[/QUOTE']you are right about dubious. I emailed Karen and David at Aliexpress. David has a more expensive tablet (370 dollars) with specs that include 512 Ram and 6000MAH battery.David replied. The last two answers were not clearThe tablet is listed at Wholesale-9.7'' Wi Fi 3G Touch Screen Tablet PC David wang: Yes, it is confimed as the belowings:CPU: Telechip TCC8902 720MhzMemory : DDR 512 MBBattery:6000mAh Wifi on :6 hours Wifi off:8 hoursOS: Android 2.1Storage: 2GB,4GB,8GB,16GB,32GB,64GBResolution: 1024*600Touch Screen: Touch screen ResistiveInternet Built in Ethernet: Wi-Fi:USB portCamera: 0.3-1.3 mega pixelSlots: I/O ports DC in,Earphone,TF slot,HDMI,2x mini USB slots2) Can this tablet access google marketI suggest you can try it when you get goods3) Is it possible to upgrade software to android 2.2Yes, it is possible to upgrade to Android 2.2 version I am still waiting for Karens reply. The aliexpress is Wholesale-New 9.7" Android2.1 MID HDMI Camera G sensorMy questions wereHi Karen1) Can you please confirm the specs is trueProcessor Cortex-A8 1GHzGPU Core PowerVRMemory 512MB DDR2 RAM up to 1GBStorage 4G/8GBDisplay 9.7? AUO 1024x768 PanelCommunication WI-FI 802.11 b/g + Bluetooth EDR 2.13G (option)Expansion microSD Card up to 8GBone OTGtwo mini USBSensor G-SensorBattery Li-ion 2600 mAh2) Is Bluetooth working in android 2.13) can you upgrade to 1 gb ram (how much extra cost)4) How long does the battery last with wifi and without wifiI would love to buy a tablet which has decent ram, long battery life and decent viewable screen but only if such a thing exists

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.