Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Some chinese suppliers in Aliexpress are now selling 8inch Onda V811 Tablet PC. Almost same specs as Onda Vi30D Dual Core, only it has an IPS screen (and of course more expensive).

Another Onda v801 has same specs as the vi30.

Has anyone have any idea if they have the same firmware?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'd like to know also, since I ordered a v801.

Sent from my JXD S9000 tablet

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guys, How do you like this tab (v811)?

I'm thinking about getting one myself.

What other good options there are in 8' size? Anyone has info about the Pipo S2? What about the Cube models U10GT and U23GT

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
471 Posts
My v801 has been running excellent, especially after upgrade to v1.5 firmware. Don't really know about those other tablets.

Sent from my ONDA MID using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
12 Posts
Guys, How do you like this tab (v811)?
Good tablet, but problems with new firmwares. May be due that it is new.
But the default firmware has no need for upgrade, it is good, only 101 error in market, but clean cache and enjoy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My v801 has been running excellent, especially after upgrade to v1.5 firmware. Don't really know about those other tablets.

Sent from my ONDA MID using Tapatalk 2
Hi,
I just got an Onda V811, and it is really nice. However, I have not been able to get the market (Google Play)
working. Actually, I have not been able to add my gmail account. And, related or not, the browser works fine
(opens all web pages etc) bot does NOT open google or gmail pages...
The firmware is 1.4

I have tried the usual tricks (cleaning caches/date of play, browser, etc.), but no success.

Any advice from you guys will be MUCH appreciated!!

Best regards

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi,
I just got an Onda V811, and it is really nice. However, I have not been able to get the market (Google Play)
working. Actually, I have not been able to add my gmail account. And, related or not, the browser works fine
(opens all web pages etc) bot does NOT open google or gmail pages...
The firmware is 1.4

I have tried the usual tricks (cleaning caches/date of play, browser, etc.), but no success.

Any advice from you guys will be MUCH appreciated!!

Best regards
I would try the 1.5 firmware, it is much better. Can't give the link now, I got hit by hurricane and have no power and limited internet. But Google the firmware, you'll find it.

Sent from my Epic Touch using tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good tablet, but problems with new firmwares. May be due that it is new.
But the default firmware has no need for upgrade, it is good, only 101 error in market, but clean cache and enjoy.
By default, you mean 1.4 or 1.5? I am having issues (market) with 1.4 that do not disappear
with clean cache. Any hints? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would try the 1.5 firmware, it is much better. Can't give the link now, I got hit by hurricane and have no power and limited internet. But Google the firmware, you'll find it.

Sent from my Epic Touch using tapatalk 2
Thanks for the feedback. I will try the 1.5 firmware.
Hope the hurricane effects did not affect you too much.
Best regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
I flashed the 1.5 firmware into my Onda v811 (using SD card).
So far, everything seems to work fine; issues with 1.4 disappeared (market, browser, etc.)
In summary, I am happy with it.

I do not want to try the 1.5.5 due to the many problems people have found with the PC-based
installer (I do not have english WinXP handy).

I guess I will wait for JB (anyone has an idea on when is due to appear?)

·
Registered
11 Posts
This tablet is powered from the micro usb port. Some of the other models had a power port and usb. Does anyone know if it's possible to power the tablet and connect a 3G Dongle at the same time?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry, but no... that's why my next tablet will have 2 usb's or a sep. power port...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I flashed the 1.5 firmware into my Onda v811 (using SD card).
So far, everything seems to work fine; issues with 1.4 disappeared (market, browser, etc.)
In summary, I am happy with it.

I do not want to try the 1.5.5 due to the many problems people have found with the PC-based
installer (I do not have english WinXP handy).

I guess I will wait for JB (anyone has an idea on when is due to appear?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JB is out for 801 & 811's but requires a PC update. You can install 1.5.5 w/ a card but unless you have the restart problem (hangs up on the white bot) you really don't need it. If you need instructions for the 1.5.5 card update, let me know. It's different from 1.5...

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I notice that the v811 has two speakers but what is the sound quality and volume like? Could any owner please comment?

Thanks
Jez

·
Registered
383 Posts
If they are anything like the Vi40, then they are ok.
But best for use indoors. Quality is good, medium volume.

Not really suitable for party's that's for sure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am thinking of buying the onda v811, as I already have the vi10 Elite and I am very happy with it. Could you please let me know how long does the battery lasts in HD video playback, in web browsing and in games?

Do you have any serious issues with the tablet?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just received my ONDA V801

It has come with Android 4.1.1 and Baseband version 2.1

Just wondering if anyone else out there has one and how their experience has been.

So far so good for me, the only annoying thing is all the preloaded asian software that I cannot seem to simply uninstall.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts