Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
http://www.4shared.com/file/8ymlh10i/mid8106_BENA8306.html
this is a copy of my own fw image, this can be updated with the 0531 fw.
When I try to update using TF Update Mode I get the Green Android Dude & a caution sign with an Exclamation mark inside.. what exactly does it mean?? What am I missing for a firmware image to flash properly??

Need help in trying to understand how all this works. Thanks Ftanl

·
Registered
43 Posts
When I try to update using TF Update Mode I get the Green Android Dude & a caution sign with an Exclamation mark inside.. what exactly does it mean?? What am I missing for a firmware image to flash properly??

Need help in trying to understand how all this works. Thanks Ftanl
This is a FULL SD image. This means that you should take out the SD card from your tablet by opening it and then copy this new image on SD card. Here's a post you should read about "imaging": Custom images procedure

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks, but it doesn't work. the just tablet starts and shut down after 2 seconds.
I think that is about the new encrypt IC installed to all the product after 19/4/2011.
I am using the old version, all the newer firmware installed with the sample problem like yours.
Now I only depend on this site to waiting for new firmware that without the protection.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I will be testing the firmware and if I can flash it I will be looking to add root etc.
Hello Roger,
Roger here with a question....

I recently bought a Herotab MID816 from techtoys2go.com.
After being destroyed in a "security check" in Hong Kong it was replaced by them at no charge. (As a side note, I can honestly say that [email protected] (my contact for techtoys2go) is a person of integrity and truly honors customer satisfaction.)

Mine is the style that has the volume slider on it. My first one did as well.
It shipped with 2.3.1 as formats. The tablet is NOT experiencing the battery issues that others are seeing. (I can post the complete specs later, if you want them)

Before its arrival, I did a lot of research on Custom ROM,s, etc.. Most of the posts were simply "try this one! You'll like it!" Well, I soon discovered, by reading those replies, that each custom ROM also came with its own custom problems!

So, I concluded that the only GOOD way to have a working custom ROM was to make one myself -- just for me. So, I looked at the various ways to start with backing up the sd card. I will post those links a little later -- I am at work at the moment.

Now, I can successfully back up and restore images on sd cards -- thus ensuring that I never do anything "bad" to the original card that shipped with the tablet.

I learned about using ADB.EXE on my XP SP3 machine and can plug in the tablet and run "adb devices" and get the tablet to show up. BUT, if I try to "push" su over to /system/sbin then I get the error that the "file system is read-only". What mystifies me is that I CAN use adb.exe to install programs to the tablet without any issues...

Since the main issue in rooting is to make the root of the installed sd card read/write -- so that you can place su into /system/sbin and install superuser.apk -- how does one go about doing that? Z4root is a one time root solution, as far as I can tell -- upon reboot you loose root... What we need is to root our tablets so that we can install whatever we want -- and remove the stuff we don't want -- thus creating our own custom ROM; one that actually works on OUR tablet/system! Once we get it just right, we can make an image backup... Isn't there a single source for a step by step on Rooting? I am so tired of trying to find one. All I see are bits and pieces usually followed by long lists of replies about problems that they had trying to do the procedure!

Thank you SO MUCH in advance!!
Roger,
San Antonio, TX

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I just acquired an Aishuo 816 pad with capacitive screen. It looks exactly the same as the picture of the MID816R2 I have found in another thread here.
Even the specs are the same.

Is the 20110531 update you are talking about for a resistive screen or a capacitive one?

My software says
Kernel [email protected]#388
Build # GINGERBREAD.eng.version=bena-20110531_102837

My problem is now that the capacitive screen shows strange behaviour: When I touch at the border, the tab recognises a signal in the middle then moves to the border. That gives nice strokes when using a doodling app but makes it impossible to use the keyboard and web pages start scrolling wildly when I touch the screen.
I fear that it is the wrong firmware installed.

When I complained to cect-shop.com they asked only if there were QC stickers on my pad - there were none
:)

When I get courageous I will flash the newest firmware for capacitive screens from aishuomid.com

Thanks in advanve.

OK that was much text.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi every where. i'm a little frenchy who bought 8" S5PV210 Gingerbread resistive Screen Android 2.3 1.2GHz Tablet PC. the firmware of my tablet is very shitty. (os slow, android market very very limited,system crash and wifi hs every 5 10 minutes. i search every firmare for my tablet for re flash and (i hope) have goods tablet. can you seed your firmwares and firmware tool please?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jeez... this is all giving me a brain meltdown! lol I am a complete beginner, but successfully flashed my 10 inch flytouch simply by copying the relevant unzipped files straight onto the mem card and sticking it in the tablet and switching it on... it is now brilliant!

BUT... my S5PV210 A-816 Aishuo 8 inch 1.2ghz (Chinese tablet) just gets past the earth picture on boot-up, then onto the word 'Android', and just gets stuck there! I have tried to flash new firmware from the mem card but it just does the earth/android bit again. Nightmare! It seems that there aare so many differing clones and 'kernel' numbers and 'versions' of android that - together with the technical terms - just make it really difficult for us dumbo android-virgins! lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got the same tablet i think, although after some searching its a MID816R2 but the firmware details you listed are exactly the same, [email protected] etc etc never found any firmware, seller told me not to try and upgrade? so stuck on 2.3.1

Finally found a way to get into the "install from SD card menu, but anything i try means getting message "signiture verification failed process aborted? any advice firmware links, nice roms?

Thanks in advance :)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts