Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everybody and congrats for this great forum!

Now, let's see what my problem is, shall we?

I bought this China made, French branded tablet 2 months ago:
Storex eZeeTab7r.

Système : Android 2.2
Batterie : 3.7V 3200 mAH li-ion
Processeur : IFTM 800 MHz (Mémoire RAM de 256 Mo)
Sortie Vidéo : HDMI 1.3 1080p-24
Sorties Audio : DOLBY DIGITAL, Stéréo RCA (Jack).
Interfaces : 1x USB Host 2.0 + 1 emplacement MicroSD
Ecran : LCD 7'' Tactile Résistif - Résolution 800 x 480 16 Millions de couleurs
And of course I started modifying the build.prop from the beginning, since this tablet did not recognized apps from the Google market. I modified some other command lines there and quite a few times I managed to make the tablet to enter in a boot loop. No problem, with my sd card and original firmware downloaded from the support page I reinstalled the OS. A few days ago, again I tried to modify more the build.prop, as I saw some nice tweaks on the internet, so I did it. This time the tablet not even booting, remains in the state shown in the first image. Again, I tried to reinstall the OS with the sd card, this time without succes. Why, you can see in the second image. Then i tried a lot of key combinations to get in recovery mode, but neither one did work (i have only 4 buttons: reset, power, home, back). Then I looked deeper on the internet and found the guide for the Coby Tablet. So I opened my tablet, looked for the rom chip, searched the datasheet for it and tried a lot of combinations on the pins, neither one worked. And I was asking, maybe I am a noob and I don't know what pins should i short circuit. Or maybe there is another way to unbrick it. That's why I ask for your help.
I attached the datasheet of the chip.

Image: image
Datasheet:My link

·
Registered
143 Posts
You may have to open it up and disconnect the battery.

Even then, it might NOT resolve the issue...

Does it still get to the 'android fire-ring'? or just the initial image as shown in the pic you put up?

If so, at least it isnt TRULY bricked...

You might want to get acquainted with the IUW program and see if it can 'talk' to your tab... It will be FAR easier IMO to reinstall software that way.

Oh... and, PLEASE, oh PLEASE do NOT attempt to short out the NOR flash again! You WILL REGRET it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You may have to open it up and disconnect the battery.

Even then, it might NOT resolve the issue...

Does it still get to the 'android fire-ring'? or just the initial image as shown in the pic you put up?

If so, at least it isnt TRULY bricked...

You might want to get acquainted with the IUW program and see if it can 'talk' to your tab... It will be FAR easier IMO to reinstall software that way.

Oh... and, PLEASE, oh PLEASE do NOT attempt to short out the NOR flash again! You WILL REGRET it!
The battery is disconected already.

No, it does not go intro the fire-ring animation, it remains like in the image i uploaded.

I tried with IUW program but it doesn't recognize the tablet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Im not sure what else to offer...
I know you said you have tried 'a lot of key combinations',
but
you may want to make another attempt...

<HOME>+<BACK> then <PWR> seems to be a recovery mode on MANY tablets,
sometimes <HOME> and <VOL-> are swapped...

is used on most tablets to initiate the communiation with IUW...

I personally have never had luck with a card-based install/recovery, but it seems you have...
You should keep trying... it may eventually clear up.

Remember... as long as it does MORE than a BLACK SCREEN... it is NOT a brick, and you
STILL have a chance!

Bon chance mon ami!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I have some news.

I installed windows xp sp3 because I read somewhere it doesn't work properly with Windows 7. Now the IUW detects properly the tablet and I managed to install the OTG driver for it as well. And with the key combination: MENU + PWR now it says "Communicating with PC...". After all this I tried to write the files on the tablet, I pressed BURN but nothing happens. I let it like this a few minutes and nothing. What shall I do?

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well, I have some news.

I installed windows xp sp3 because I read somewhere it doesn't work properly with Windows 7. Now the IUW detects properly the tablet and I managed to install the OTG driver for it as well. And with the key combination: MENU + PWR now it says "Communicating with PC...". After all this I tried to write the files on the tablet, I pressed BURN but nothing happens. I let it like this a few minutes and nothing. What shall I do?
EXCELLENT!!!

The problem is that the 'timing' is off...
close the program, and start it again.
DO NOT HIT 'BURN' until the tablet is up, with 'Communicating', and the green box (shown) is green.
(EDIT: IF 'BURN' doesnt enable after it turns green there may be something wrong with the copy of IUW... but I think it was a timing issue...)

But dont wait TOO long, or the tablet will 'time out'...

What I usually do is set up ALL the files I want to copy BEFORE the 'connecting'... THEN wait for it to turn green.
If you are sending only one file, and you wait long enough, the 'BURN' button will come back, after the transfer is complete.

Actually I have no problems with it on 7... but if I had a copy of XP to fall back to, I would!

GLAD to hear you're 'talking' again!

EDIT:
Could there be something wrong with your cable... perhaps?
Just a thought.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, I don't think the cable is the problem. I used before to transfer files to the tablet without problem.

About the timing, that's exactly what I've done. Started the program first, loaded the files into the program then with the tablet connected I started the tablet and when it said "communicating with pc" and the IUW turned green I hit BURN, but nothing is happening. I let it like this till it started in normal mode. It doesn't show the progress of burning. I would really appreciate if you could send me other version of IUW software if you have. I found only the 1.2 version, and nothing else. Thanks a lot for your help.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well, I don't think the cable is the problem. I used before to transfer files to the tablet without problem.

About the timing, that's exactly what I've done. Started the program first, loaded the files into the program then with the tablet connected I started the tablet and when it said "communicating with pc" and the IUW turned green I hit BURN, but nothing is happening. I let it like this till it started in normal mode. It doesn't show the progress of burning. I would really appreciate if you could send me other version of IUW software if you have. I found only the 1.2 version, and nothing else. Thanks a lot for your help.
????

ARE YOU RUNNING 64-bit XP?

IT DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY in a 64-bit version of ANY OS....
Or so Ive heard... as AFAIK I do NOT have any 64-bit systems...
I have the feeling THAT is your problem... I hope Im right... else the tablet truly IS hosed.
You might want to try sending only one file at a time...
I only use the 1.2, so I couldnt be much help, but I will see if I have allowed an older copy to 'hang around'.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeh, the Windows 7 is 64 bit. Anyway. Finally worked and reflashed the files on the tablet and booted up nicely. But like I always do I mess the things up because I am curious. Tried to install the android 2.3 and wrote some uuid file on the tablet and now is really dead. It does not even turn on.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well, dont feel too bad... I have 'lobotomized' 2 tablets so far from INTENTIONALLY putting something I KNEW would hose it/them...

If you havent already, (and it has one) push the reset button a few times... pull the battery for awhile... then try again.

My SP1 (256Mb, 2tf, 10') is in the same condition... I hope to revive it by attempting a JTAG interface to it.
The other one Im SURE, is the same, except that it DOES power on/off, and is otherwise dumb as a post.
If JTAG cannot bring them back, I have ONE chance for ONE of them, thru a board with bad NAND but good NOR which can still be programmed... I would end up puttin in the 'known good' U0 for whichever tablet I end up 'waking up', and doing a chipectomy and insertion...

All well and good, but my eyes jusr are NOT up to it these days.

Good luck ! To BOTH of us!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts