Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone,
I'm having some trouble with my tablet.
I tried to upgrade to Uberoid V11 Beta3, all went well except the touch screen but that's not the problem, my problem is that the tab doesn't turn on if the changer box (the one with USBs an ethernet port) is not plugged to the laptop! When I plug a usb cable to the RJ45 it works just fine but when i unplug it, the tab turns off even with the charger plugged!
I don't know what to do, please help!

PS: if this is not the right place for this post feel free to move.
thx

·
Registered
81 Posts
i doubt it would help, but have you tried resetting it?

mine wouldnt turn on at all(dead), i had to take it apart and press the reset, while it was charging, to get it going again.

sounds like your battery is fine but maybe some other problem like grounding that it is actually getting from the usb.

try grounding it on the chassis of your desktop computer (non painted metal like psu or screw) to the outer part of the usb connection cord, if nothing else works, if that does work though then youll have to get it fixed or open it up yourself. I would think the charger would be providing the grounding though unless the charger is bunk, but it would explain why its doing as you say.

so what i would try is to plug in usb cord to the changer box, plug the changer box into the tablet, dont plug in the power charger, touch the outer metal part of the other end of the usb cord on a screw on your desktop (desktop computer can/should be off, but plugged into wall socket), and press the power button on your tablet. if that works then something is wrong with your charger and your tablet(charger might have damaged the tablet).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you figured out the problem to the tablet not turning on unless it is plugged in? Mine will only work when it is plugged into the power cord...as soon as i unplug the charger the tablet shuts off, any found fix for this? (While the tablet is plugged in the battery shows that it is 100% full. When i go to unplug the cord it instantly powers off)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

@ zefreaky

This tablet was never design to be connected to a PC. Connecting it will over load the USB on the tablet as the PC current/voltage to your table. If your tablet can only power on while connected to a PC than you have likely burn out the 8 pins 2952-1149 power management IC. This will need to be replace before it can work again. I've attached a picture of where the IC is.

You can also smell the burn chip through where the transfer box connect if the IC is burn.

The USB transfer box that came with your tablet was meant for wire ethernet, bluetooth/wifi dongle, or USD flash drive. Firmware update should only be done using the TF/micro SD card.
This IC is PITA to find the 8 pins. I still have not been able to locate one here locally or online. I only found the 12 or 16 pins.

What I did to fix mine was buy similar broken one from ########### and pull the chip off of it.

If you haven't void your warranty I recommend you send it back for a replacement.

Note: 2952A-1145 chip will also work.

@ enjdagomos

Your could be one of these three thing.
1. bad battery
2. Bad connection from battery to board
3. The IC chip I spoke about above

If you still under warranty get it replace. If not open and check the above mention.

GL in fixing guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.