Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new super fast and smart looking Telechip Apad with 4GB internal HDD and 256MB RAM and HDMI out. (BTW - No G-sensor).One problem though, I did a stupid thing and plugged my hdmi cable into my laptop hdmi connection and now any normal video or youtube video doesn't display on the screen. I can still hear the sound.I have tried changing the display settings but to no avail.Photos. broswer and all other apps are fine, it's just the video.Maybe I have toasted my video cardAnyone got any ideas?Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had to set the "Output Select" to NONE in Sound and display settings. Had to scroll the screen to see the option "NONE".Now I can see wonderfull HD video again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
do you have android market and youtube on your device?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
six7kid;41284 said:
do you have android market and youtube on your device?
Sure do. My model is an X5A, Firmware version 2.1 Update 1, Kernel version 2.6.29 [email protected] #297 Build Number XA5 1.0.Can't get BBC iplayer yet though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote name='apd.king;41070]Just got my new super fast and smart looking Telechip Apad with 4GB internal HDD and 256MB RAM and HDMI out. (BTW - No G-sensor).One problem though' date=' I did a stupid thing and plugged my hdmi cable into my laptop hdmi connection and now any normal video or youtube video doesn't display on the screen. I can still hear the sound.I have tried changing the display settings but to no avail.Photos. broswer and all other apps are fine, it's just the video.Maybe I have toasted my video cardAnyone got any ideas?Thanks for any help in advance.[/QUOTE'] Update on the G-sensor - I have installed an app from google market place which allows me to change the orientation of the screen with one click. Actually better than auto as I can now control when which way around I want the screen. App is called "RotateD". Also have checked hardware spec using another App called "System Info" and that shows the actual memory as 154MB. Not sure if thats the total or what's available.

·
Registered
90 Posts
apd.king;43145 said:
Update on the G-sensor - I have installed an app from google market place which allows me to change the orientation of the screen with one click. Actually better than auto as I can now control when which way around I want the screen. App is called "RotateD". Also have checked hardware spec using another App called "System Info" and that shows the actual memory as 154MB. Not sure if thats the total or what's available.
Thanks for the RotateD suggestion. Sysinfo actually says g-sensor is present, but it's not working. The batch of X5A I got also had this problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts