1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Onda is a huge chinese mp4/mp5 company . this device seems to be legit although I cannot find a release date or find anyone else that is selling this device

·
Registered
64 Posts
That seller you listed seem to have tons of these. ~22 sold so far and always reloads to keep nine "active" at all times. Has anyone found out any info on these? The price is very tempting at around $140 on average now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yea, Onda is only a Mp4 maker.. I would definitely beware of pre-ordering as there is not even a prototype video or close up product pictures...also, the dual o/s seems sketchy. Only the Double Diamond HTC clone (Released earlier this year) has dual o/s and phones have been out for a lot longer than tablet slates.. research the "m7 raptor." I have only seen a video. It is not android 2.1 but does support 3G WCDMA etc..

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am a bit suspicious...Does this device even exist? . The guy reckons the model number is V8800 but there are NO pics/vids or google references.Also I think the picture is an Onda VX550 which is just an MP4 player...

·
Registered
20 Posts
[quote name='Zoid;21757]I am a bit suspicious...Does this device even exist? . The guy reckons the model number is V8800 but there are NO pics/vids or google references.Also I think the picture is an Onda VX550 which is just an MP4 player...[/QUOTE] I did a bit of searching and yeah' date=' no info about that camera. Hell, the UI isn't even Android, looks like a Proprietary OS.Looks like the VX530[IMG']http://www.allpmp.com/images/201007/goods_img/277_P_1278000097788.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah.I emailed the seller asking about this:"Q:Just checking: the model number is definitely V8800?A:Yes,sure.Q1:I can't find any reference to this in Google. I know it's a pre-release but there is usually something.Is the picture in the ad of the actual device? It looks a lot like model VX550?Please help I am a little confused- so many models.A: Don't worry about it. This is the first MID that ONDA release. Therefore, they allow me to push the market ahead and then decided to make max production sometime later on."Seems weird that this guy is supposedly allowed to sell them and yet the company has nothing/zip/nada available on the [email protected] meter is allerted...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Weird indeed. He/She seems to sell wedding gowns and other fabrics/textiles, so why electronics all of a sudden? If it was a seller who had a reputation of selling various tablets, MP3/MP4 players, etc. it'd be more acceptable...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Further questions...Q:Is the operating system stable and do you mean- are there any bugs or flaws?A: I got one set on my hand to play and test myself for over one month. There is no major bugs found up to this moment.Q:It can be upgraded to Android 2.1 or is already?A: it is Android 2.1 already.Q:Also, how do you have these if pre-release??A: I know and got personal connection with the supplier's top technical directors. Therefore, i got a special connection channel to get such pre-release. If its [email protected], it's a reasonably good effort for a wedding dress seller!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also won one of those so-called "tablets". Also mailed to the seller, but it sounds a bit weird.Q:Hi, I've got some questions about your tablets. Please, confirm that this tablet runs Android/Win CE. A: Yes, it will came with Android 2.1Q:I've just tried to find out about this tablet (onda vx560?) and came across with this video YouTube - onda vx560 photo frame 1080p video player review by mp4kingdom.mpgAs you see it neither Android nor Win CE. So, are you sure about your items?A:Yes, sure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah I have.I paid as soon as I bought it. I took the blurb about pre-release to mean it is available "as" a pre-release item. Not the dubious email that you would have got too explaining that it would be send after the actual release. I am waiting up until a few days before the Paypal cut off and then starting a dispute no matter what. If they reckon its in transit or something i will politely explain that its just for my peace of mind. Have you seen their feedback recently? A few new negs and dubious comments about the validity and existence or lack of it for the item. Have my doubts...we will see.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Same here, paid already. I think shehe doesn't have those tablets "at hand" and can't take photos, that's why neg feedback is growing... Let's wait till 6thI also think that shehe is Chinese (some mistakes made me think so). Just take a look:A: Yes, it will came with Android 2.1and so on

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had bid on these but never won one. I got an email from ebay : MC015 Security notice: eBay listing removed Hello droptop_jim We're writing to let you know that we removed the listing for the following item that you won or bid on:140427444574 - 7" Tablet Dual Core chip with Android/Win CEWe're writing to let you know that we removed the listing for the following item that you won or bid on:140427444574 - 7" Tablet Dual Core chip with Android/Win CETo help protect you, we removed this listing so we can confirm that the seller is not putting you or other eBay members at risk.If you've already paid for this item through eBay, you can open a case in our Resolution Center to get your money back. All you need to do is click the link below, and select the "I haven't received it yet" option. This will guide you through the process to get a refund. (Unfortunately, because we removed the listing, you won't be able to look up the seller's contact information.)Resolution Center - eBayIf you won the item but haven't paid yet, don't pay for it.If the seller offers you the item outside of eBay, we strongly encourage you to not accept the offer. These types of transactions are extremely risky and are not covered by eBay buyer protection programs.If you didn't pay through eBay, please read the following information:-- If you paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400).-- If you paid by check, contact your bank to stop payment.-- If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company to dispute the charge.We want to make sure you get your money back safely and quickly.Thanks,eBayIf you paid for one of these, you might want to check your email/ebay messages!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry to bring potentially bad news, but They are saying that they will get the money refunded to you, it was that seller. If anyone needs a copy of the email, pm me and i will forward it to you

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.