Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this tablet:Wholesale Table PC Product-Table PCIt was the cheapest tablet I could find with an ARM11 CPU, in this particular case the Telechips TCC8902.The screensize is 7 inch and it has 256MB RAM (DDR2 ??).It also has access to the Android Market (according to the seller).However, I have no clue which tablet it is.. The seller says 'the model number is GL010' but I can't find a tablet with that model number.Any help is greatly appreciated !Thanks !

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.The seller has shipped my item today. It has been shipped with EMS and I have a tracking number. I expect it to arrive this week Friday or Saturday.. We'll see.AliExpress.com is very safe. It uses an escrow system. The seller doesn't get my money untill I have received the goods and verified that it's the correct item.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought one of these Apad too.. .but with wholesale price... (I was good luck enough to be partnering with a wholesale buyer who needed help on translation ... I do speak Chinese and English... so that vendor sold me 1 at wholesale price too. )... The biggest problem of this pad is ... they don't have a "Home" button.... I am still researching on which customs Rom I can upgrade / downgrade it with to enable that function... [ Any help is absolutely appreciated! ]... Everything else works exactly what it should... and the speed is reasonably swift too... the screen looks perfectly great but can't be used under bright sunlight. Audio playback is wonderful.. the G-senor is very responsive too... Just TOO TOO bad that they don't have a "Home" button in the native Rom.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hellrazaa;52982]yup thats what i did too but never by your Sd or micro Sd cards from aliexpress they are all fakes...wouldnt mind if they held what they are supposed to hold[/QUOTE]Yeah I know. I went on Holiday to China 2 years ago said:
I bought one of these Apad too.. .but with wholesale price... (I was good luck enough to be partnering with a wholesale buyer who needed help on translation ... I do speak Chinese and English... so that vendor sold me 1 at wholesale price too. )... The biggest problem of this pad is ... they don't have a "Home" button.... I am still researching on which customs Rom I can upgrade / downgrade it with to enable that function... [ Any help is absolutely appreciated! ]... Everything else works exactly what it should... and the speed is reasonably swift too... the screen looks perfectly great but can't be used under bright sunlight. Audio playback is wonderful.. the G-senor is very responsive too... Just TOO TOO bad that they don't have a "Home" button in the native Rom.
Nice ! Being able to correctly translate from Chinese to English and vica versa is a major plus in my opinion nowadays. Is it your profession ? Translator ?Hmm, no Home button you say ? That can be annoying.. let's see if I maybe have a newer ROM ? If not, I will try to find a solution and if found let you know of course.

·
Registered
62 Posts
movian;53132 said:
The biggest problem of this pad is ... they don't have a "Home" button....
There's an app that allows you to remap the existing home button to actually bring you home. Let me see if I can find it.I was going to wait until later this fall to buy a tablet but this is a pretty good deal. I just am wary of getting a DOA unit and paying crazy shipping fees to get it replaced.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HotShotAzn;53380]There said:
Please share the app with us if you can find it' date=' because it's pretty handy to have an home button which actually brings you home instead of somewhere else ;)
HotShotAzn;53380' said:
I was going to wait until later this fall to buy a tablet but this is a pretty good deal.
enotar;53389 said:
looks great for the price!G-Sensor and accelerometer?HDMI too? I doubt!But anyway a bargain
It looks like a pretty good deal indeed... BUT please bear in mind that I still have to receive the tablet and have to verify that it really has a TCC8902 CPU and the other advertised specifications, because it seems to good to be true ;) BTW The price includes free shipping by EMS or DHL (depending on in which country you live).PS: It took me 3 days of searching to find a bargain like this ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
[quote name='Freekers;53215] Nice ! Being able to correctly translate from Chinese to English and vica versa is a major plus in my opinion nowadays. Is it your profession ? Translator ?Hmm' date=' no Home button you say ? That can be annoying.. let's see if I maybe have a newer ROM ? If not, I will try to find a solution and if found let you know of course.[/QUOTE'] I am not a translator by profession... but I grew up in Hong Kong and have adequate education on English Literature and Chinese Literature... so I don't have much problem understanding both Chinese and English.For the "Home" button, I am talking to a numerous of resellers who is carrying this product... all of them said it's easy to tweak the interface and add the "Home" button onto the title bar.. but none of them can give me a concrete date on its completion... one promised to put it at his highest priority if I order 10+ units from him... I am considering... maybe ... I will sell them on Ebay... with the PATCH

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm, that sounds interesting. Sadly I don't have the budget to order 10+ units ;)And I've also got news about my tablet (shipment). The seller has re-shipped my tablet because it was sent back by EMS. He told me EMS does not deliver in my country, which is odd since I have received numerous packages from EMS before ... this sounds fishy, doesn't it ?Anyway, he has now shipped my tablet with DHL and the trackingnumber works, so let's see what happens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
[quote name='Freekers;54313]Hmm' date=' that sounds interesting. Sadly I don't have the budget to order 10+ units ;)And I've also got news about my tablet (shipment). The seller has re-shipped my tablet because it was sent back by EMS. He told me EMS does not deliver in my country, which is odd since I have received numerous packages from EMS before ... this sounds fishy, doesn't it ?Anyway, he has now shipped my tablet with DHL and the trackingnumber works, so let's see what happens.[/QUOTE'] I have decided to set up a online store for these android pads... the prospect seems very promising and I have talked to a few manufacturers about these pads... and saw some unreleased models which would be unveiled next week or two weeks later... very exciting indeed... and I have reached agreements with them on warranty, payment and after sale service... I will stock some really good models which I have borrowed and tried out... hope that these lovely gadgets can bring some fun to our community

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote name='movian;54416]I have decided to set up a online store for these android pads... the prospect seems very promising and I have talked to a few manufacturers about these pads... and saw some unreleased models which would be unveiled next week or two weeks later... very exciting indeed... and I have reached agreements with them on warranty' date=' payment and after sale service... I will stock some really good models which I have borrowed and tried out... hope that these lovely gadgets can bring some fun to our community [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] Wow great venture you've got there ! If you need any help setting up your webshop, feel free to contact me at any time. I do webdesign as a hobby and set up some shops before using OScommerce.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow, youve found a really good deal. ive been searching for a week now and hoping to find that kind of deal, but with not much luck.I think i will order what you have, but i want to wait until you get yours to see if theres truth in this seller's advertisment.when do you estimate the tablet will arrive for you?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They tried to deliver it at my house today but I wasn't home. I also need to pay 45 dollars of TAX (customs) on top :(Anyway, I won't be home for the rest of this week so my neighbour will sign and pay for the package when they come again tommorrow

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright, my tablet arrived today and my little brother had a look at it... aaaand it's a frigging VIA CPU with android 1.6 build 1.9... I don't believe it ! I am going to file in a dispute on aliexpress right now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.