Android Tablets Forum banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
All these roms have been patched to crappyness by his royall highness. (Why we are still using two partitions is beyond me)

Anyway, try this cwm recovery <this>
If this doesn't work, look for 40D_resque.zip.. I's on the board somewhere. (Don't have it here.)

edit;
Got it for you here: <here> (81.16 MB)
I never buy ONDA or OEM(in my country Onda sell tablet rebranded with other name).I'm sorry for don't buy Samsung tablet and i choice this OEM Vi40(is a hibrid :Motherboard is from vi40D an have 2 camera from v971).Valkoz help me to unbrick because first time i've installed rom from V971D and screen freeze.
Thanks for replay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I understood your problem.

I downloaded Allview AllDro 3 Speed Duo from here http://www.allview.ro/fileadmin/A3SDuo_update_din_12.12.12/Update_Speed3Duo_V1.rar

Regarding Allview AllDro 3 Speed Duo specification:

it has 2 cameras (2.0 megapixel front / back 2.0 MP, Panoramic) - yes?

it has NO hardware Volume buttons (v40 has) - yes?

In case 2 cameras and no hardware volume buttons - Allview AllDro 3 Speed Duo is OEM version of 971D - yes?

In case you use my custom JB CUSTOM ROM based on stock ROMs v.2.0-2.1 from here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/42192-971-dual-core-ics-jb-custom-firmware/ - it blocks touchscreen - yes?

- what for you use v40 rom?

------------------------------------
Solutions:
1.- if you want to use 971D roms for AllDro 3 Speed Duo - it's possible.
I must to know what hardwares don't work when you use 971D roms for AllDro 3 Speed Duo.
2.- if you want to use v40 roms for AllDro 3 Speed Duo - it has no sence, better to use 971D roms.
3.- if you want to use AllDro 3 Speed Duo original ROM and to eliminate "... can't verify" or "...verifying failed" - see under the spoiler.
You must to know what update.zip is a SIGNED.ZIP (not just a zip). So, in case you edit it directly, he lost the sign - and error "can't verify" will appear.
Right steps:
1. Download this View attachment 24329
2. Unzip somewhere. Inside you see:
View attachment 24337
3. Unzip your "update.zip" into folder "placehere". Inside you see:
View attachment 24345
4. Edit what you want now
5. After you edited, go back to folder META-INF and delete:
View attachment 24353
6. Go back and press "1___start"
View attachment 24361
7. Type "n" anf "1"
View attachment 24369 View attachment 24377
8. When finished, you shall receive "signed" "update.zip
View attachment 24385
9. Replace old "update.zip" with yours. Flash
4.Or download this ROM
Update Speed3Duo V1_slate Link is here:https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzbXO5Y8aALfbjh2OU1qWm9wZUE/edit
Briefly:
- it's repacked for you (like 971D) original firmware from here http://www.allview.ro/fileadmin/A3SDuo_update_din_12.12.12/Update_Speed3Duo_V1.rar
- removed non system applications - I think, better to install them again from GoogLe Play
View attachment 24321
- changed old animation - because Allview uses only 1 png - see no progress
- added animation from 971D - sorry no time to make Allview - it looks like here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/73913-onda-kitchen-a31-a31s/page__view__findpost__p__918345 - without Mexico flag
- full root
- added flash player support
- added update-binary in META-INF (w/o it will be error)
- removed checking in assert(!...) - can use any roms now
- something else, do not remember now
- added in factory_update_param.aml:
--wipe_data
--wipe_cache
--wipe_media
you must to backup all your data, media before flashing. You can remove these lines, but I advise to use them - otherwise will be some errors in the google applications

- language - Romanian, country - Romania, timezone - Bucharest

PS. It took about 10 minutes to make rom, sorry - had no more time right now. You need to check, how it works.
Hy Valkoz,

Thanks to you,Valkoz i managed to install original rom.You are the best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
All these roms have been patched to crappyness by his royall highness. (Why we are still using two partitions is beyond me)

Anyway, try this cwm recovery <this>
If this doesn't work, look for 40D_resque.zip.. I's on the board somewhere. (Don't have it here.)

edit;
Got it for you here: <here> (81.16 MB)
Hi the CWM recovery link is expired.

Do you have a new link or location?

·
Registered
1 Posts
valkoz

Dear Valkoz,

I want to give you one billion thanks because i just thought my Vi40 died before finding your post I don't know any thing about IT but try fo follow every your step. After getting many problems, now at least I can see it lives with many colours. However i am still sad with the wifi problem.

My problem 1:

My Vi40 dual after a night , its wifi doesn't work. When i turn on wifi button in setting section, the word "turning on wifi" appears and it lasts forever with no wifi network appears. The button "scan" "add network" is blur, i cannot use it. I found VI40D_v2.0-1129 in internet and use it but after that I cannot turn on , when charging nothing happens. I thought my tablet died. After that i found this topic and follow your steps and got some problems but finally I can flash it with JB version.

My problem 2:

Very happy with JB version but the problem is that when I open wifi button from settings the wifi button doesn't work. Then I try to use wifi button with wifi icon on the main screen. It works, After that I back the setting with wifi button, at that time, the button works and i can turn on it and the scan fuction works, it can connect internet. However after some seconds or 1 minute, the tablet get the continous ring sound in it, and i see 1 notification of Go Back UP appears and the tablet freezes, cannot press any button:(. I try to shutdown by long pressing power button and do it again and everything repeats again.

My problem 3

I decide to flash again with your ICS room based on v.1.4-1.5.5. The problem like problem 1 happens. I don't know what the problem is from. Would you think that wifi device in my tablet is broken and cannot save it? :( please answer me. Very sad :( :( :(

Thank you

121 - 126 of 126 Posts