Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a couple of aPads - one 2GB model, and one 8GB model. When I tried KangXau's rather quick firmware on the 8GB one, the storage disappeared.Is this something specific to firmware, and will I therefore lose it otherwise? I don't recall it disappearing with the Hybrid 4.1 firmware, but can't check the machine until this evening now. I'm trying to get the best English-firmware setup together; don't have experience or time to try rolling my own (though the process does interest me - and FWIW, I have an idea for these that means I'd certainly like to know what a developer could do for a fee to make a more limited, restricted but very fast and very stable firmware for example).

·
Registered
880 Posts
I just tried KangXau's 1.2.1 and after flashing the internal flash memory was unformated.I just formated it in Windows and now i can take photos/ whatever on the free ~780 MB free flash partition. (2GB should be total so probably that is minus app storage and system partitions...)Maybe you need to re-partition the (unusual) big memory manualy via USB from a PC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, I think I saw a note about that somewhere; I'll have a look tonight. So on a 2GB machine, you have a 1GB partition free, I'll probably find a 7GB partition. Interesting that it's unformatted, it must change the partition scheme when flashing?

·
Registered
33 Posts
do not matter the 2gb and 8gb version,the same version if the same manufacturer,just updated the memory,it is east job.can not say which version,make people confuse.I can say it is the same version.but just different.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am a bit suspicious of the sellers offering larger flash memory amount at little or no price increase. The fake/scam situation with flash memory is huge in China. It is common to find 2Gb low level formatted to report 8/16/32Gb. But it will be a real problem seeing as the operating system rides on this. Once the trus amount is surpassed it will attempt to overwrite and certainly cause failure. Use this small program- H2testw (Google) to reveal your REAL memory amount

·
Registered
79 Posts
HiApad confirmed the aPad is available in 2, 4, 8 and 16GB vairiants. The internal flash memory chip is the only difference. Most resellers are simply buying the cheaper 2GB version in bulk for resale is all as most consumers are looking for the lowest price plus it's easy to just throw in a microSD card later to increase the capacity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.