Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Maybe you should email Pipo, don't think anyone here could answer, I already email Amy @ Pipo about this a couple of weeks ago but received no reply, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Chinese tablet updates don't normally last that long

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe you should email Pipo, don't think anyone here could answer, I already email Amy @ Pipo about this a couple of weeks ago but received no reply, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Chinese tablet updates don't normally last that long
I contacted them yesterday but for U1, and was able to confirm that they are not upgrading its firmware to 4.2, not sure though with M1

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just got their email pipo going to release their update next year for m1 android 4.2 so till then we have to wait for the release

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is the Android version (4.1) on the PiPo M1 English or will I have to flash to change from the Chinese version? Thanks
It boots up to Chinese but its easy to go into settings and change the default language and keyboard - then carefully remove unwanted Chinese apps (bloatware) or download Roman's TNT rom this is English and zero bloat

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hope this could come with something like the multi view app from samsung or maybe somebody like roman could show us how to install cornerstone on this device. I am running chameleon right now on it and it looks good:)

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Multiview is unfortunately not an easy drop-in apk file to add

I requires major mods on the framework which are unfortunately well beyond me...

I am looking into Chameleon but it is a paid app..

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
i get 10kb

its gonna take 15 hours to download

·
Registered
113 Posts
Has anyone yet flashed the new 4.2.2. ROM? I've downloaded the TNT mirrored ROM but then it came to me that if the usual rooting methods work for the 4.2.2.?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I can confirm that the regular rooting method works with the 4.2.2 firmware too! The new firmware boots up much quicker than the previous ones.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
There is an english version now too! Downloading now, but slow as heck.

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=435262&uk=1811948349

The Chinese version is mirrored by TNT http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/node/140
Holy crap
I wasn't even aware lol

Dan must have posted that! I am getting it now. I know little about working with 4.2 and I will report if my rooting methods work! I am really excited to try 4.2.2!

And I JUST GOT the latest 4.1 TNT Rom released!

-Roman

I timed boot on TNT R5B (curious to see if faster boot is true)
Time to Lock Screen - 30 seconds from "off" (give or take 2 seconds)

Time to Widget appearance on screen (real boot time) - 45 Seconds from "off"

So if real boot time is significantly faster than 45 seconds I will be quite impressed
-Roman

·
Registered
113 Posts
The rooted stock rom works well but it would be great if Roman can increase the application space to 2Gb. The 4.2.2 looks nicer and is very fast!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Actually the time to boot is about the same 45 seconds, it just felt quicker ;-) But at least it is now responsive directly after booting, unlike in previous firmwares where you had to wait for one minute before trying to do anything with the tablet.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Actually the time to boot is about the same 45 seconds, it just felt quicker ;-) But at least it is now responsive directly after booting, unlike in previous firmwares where you had to wait for one minute before trying to do anything with the tablet.
Actually I timed it and I noted about a 15 second decrease in "real boot time". It still takes about 30 seconds from cold -to- lockscreen but you are then pretty much instantly ready to go as widgets only take another 2 seconds or so to load vs like the 15 seconds they took on TNT R5. There is definitely some kind of improvement and that wasn't just the placebo affect

I am digging the new top-bar approach. Make a lot of sense, one minor annoyance in 4.1 was how crowded the bottom bar would get with notifications and things which would often end up covering up soft-buttons.

Also loving the "daydream" photo-table option (Check under options --> display). Works perfectly with Picasa and is a really cool way to show off photos while charging.

Cheers,

Roman

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi!
Just came over this new JB to the M1 tablet. Can anyone tell me if gameloft games works with this version? In the original version I had to do a fix I found on some forum to get this to work.
Anyone have anything to complain about in this version or is it better than the original rom?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts